Anyone ever carry two guns?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by casey97, May 26, 2012.

1. casey97

casey97 New Member

I recently got into the habit of carrying both my Glock 27 and my Ruger LCP. Normally the Glock is my edc and the Ruger is carried on hot days. I wonder if carrying both makes me a little crazy?

2. bfish

bfish Member

No way man I have a 27 also and I'm looking at pocket pistols for when I want something easier. That said if I had both and it was convenient I'd def double it up. People do it all the time with a lot more fire power. You're not crazy just the man haha you're def ok

3. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

That's why they call it a BUG. (Back-up gun). Sometimes, on the rare occasion, I've carried two OD.

4. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Nope, not crazy at at all! When I'am wearing the attire suitable for me to carry two firearms I do so. When I do carry two guns my LCP is also my BUG, and my main gun is almost always a glock.

5. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

I carry the LCP in my front jeans pocket in a pocket holster. Anytime I go to an ATM at night to get cash, I make sure I fold the cash and put it behind that holster.

Someone wants to get stupid it'll be "Up jumps the weasel" real quick.

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

When you carry a Glock, you don't need a BUG. :D

7. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

I never do. I have a hard enough time keeping my britches up with one. I do, however, have a bug nearby while sleeping. One on the nightstand and one under the mattress. That coupled with my wife's chihuahua...I'm good. If the door handle is touched—he knows it. We put him to the test one night when my son was coming over late (we didn't tell him my son was coming :D). I'm just not carrying two guns though...ain't gonna happen—two mags—yes.

8. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I understand carrying to guns but me not being able to conceal ( only 20 years old) I only carry 1 gun. ( G23 gen 3) with a spare G22 mag and my cold steel recon 1 knife. After I get my CC I could see myself carrying 2 guns but not every day.

9. At work I carry a glock 23 on my hip and a s&w bodyguard on my ankle! Off duty I just carry the smith. It's so light, slim, small, and comfortable to carry. I've even forgot it was on me and ran with it in my ankle at the gym before!

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  10. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Lol, different situations is why I BUG :cool:.

11. ynot_ccw

ynot_ccw New Member

I normally carry a G19 IWB but I have a Galco Ankle Glove for my Sig P238 and although I think 2 is a bit much, Sometimes I do...

12. casey97

casey97 New Member

The problem I see, as a non leo CCW, if ever a situation required self defense a prosecutor would use the fact that two guns were carried to paint the victim as a vigilante. This is the same feeling I have about carrying Hornady Zombie Max ammo in both guns and a prosecutor claiming the victim was unstable or believed in zombies.

13. When I got my carry permit in '04, my instructor confessed that he carries 3 handguns! A compact Glock in a IWB holster, a DAO snubby .38 in his front pocket and a Kel-Tec .380 in his back pocket! If he hadn't told the class, we wouldn't have know anything! Concealed very well!

14. MikeMT

MikeMT New Member

That concerns me too when I consider carrying a BUG. If it weren't for crooked lawyers and bleeding-heart judges I would carry one or two more.

When I'm in the brush with bears, cats and wolves, I carry .357, .45, and my 27 (just incase I run into any not-so-ethical individuals on the trail). All but the 27 are open and very visable! My wife and I get some odd looks from the out of staters, but we ALSO get a lot of lone hikers (mainly women) shadowing us...hehe

Around town my EDC is a G27 IWB with 2 extra mags. 27rnds should be enough for any task that presents itself. I carry it EVERY DAY EVERYWHERE....even around the house.

15. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

I usually have my G26 and either my 642 or my bodyguard 380 . Tough here in summer when its super hot..

16. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I don't carry a bug often. I find it difficult in shorts, which is what I wear at least 75% of the time here in GA. When we actually have a Winter, and I wear jeans, it's easy enough to put a BUG on my ankle or in a coat pocket.

When I'm on a long drive, I sometimes have my primary on my hip and a bug either on my ankle or in my "car jacking" holster. http://www.rossleather.com/m23-open-bottom-crossdraw-driving-holster-with-thumb-break-p-61.html

There have been times, during the Winter, when I've had all three because I happened to be wearing the hip & ankle anyway.

There's nothing in the law, in most states, that says you can't carry more than one. A BUG used to be called a "NY Reload" because back when NYPD carried revolvers, they often carried a 2nd gun and when the first one ran dry, they switched to the other one because it was faster than reloading. That was also back before the days of speedloaders.

Carrying a BUG is also perfectly reasonable as your primary may malfunction. There are any number of arguments for it and any decent attorney can counter the prosecutors arguments.

Zombie Max is nothing more than Critical Defense with green tips; it's a marketing gimmick. Even a lawyer fresh out of law school should be able to argue that. They can also point to the entire industry's "obsession" with Zombies and how it's really just code for any number of society crushing issues that could happen.

Besides, a good shoot is a good shoot. If you do it right, you shouldn't have to worry about any of the above. If you don't live in a state where a justified shoot is automatic immunity from a civil suit, then you may have to have an attorney argue it, but they'd have to be incompetent not to be able to beat those arguments.

17. Angry_Dave

Angry_Dave is being censored

I carry a Glock 19 or 26 or 36 and a lcp or a sig 238 depending what the zombie forecast is looking like.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  18. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I carry my 21 and always have the 23 for backup. Altough not always on my person. The 23 is always near at least. And a rifle to boot. Damn holster is huge! JK:rolleyes: , in truck

19. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I carry my Glock 27 on my strong side in a M.I.C. holster everyday. I also carry my Kahr Pm9 in my front left pocket inside a Nemesis holster, also everyday.