Anyone else having trouble finding the xds 45??

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Hollen, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hollen

Hollen New Member

I've been looking for one and just can't seem to find someone with them in stock!

2. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

Hard to find many guns right now... pistols, certain model shotguns, add certain semi-auto rifles, too. Sign of the times. I can't speak on the XDS, but I've experienced this with many models of different guns I've enquired about lately from endless vendors. Some vendors won't even take orders for some models due to the unknown length of back orders.

3. Hollen

Hollen New Member

Yea Its kinda sad. I've been looking for one from the time it dropped on the market. I've talked to a few dealers and they either tell me they can't get them or they sell them as soon as they get them. I'm on a list with my local shop to. E the next to get one. But they have no idea when they will be able to get another one.

4. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Its coming out late June....... And believe me, its going to be back ordered.

5. Hollen

Hollen New Member

I was told it was out! Actually some were sold! :( I was a Lil excited. But yea I'm quite sure it will be back ordered. I want one as a summer ccw.

6. Hollen

Hollen New Member

Im sry I had miss understood my gun dealer. But I'm on the list for one. The only problem is he probably won't even get some for a few months after the actual release date.

7. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Yeah that's a bummer. You should probably just order a G36.

8. Hollen

Hollen New Member

That is a option that I just might have to go with. I just want something for a summertime ccw. It needs to be small cause I'm not a big guy at lol.

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

+1 on any of the Glocks in .45ACP...

The G21 standard, G30 sub compact or the G36 sub compact slimline

can do the same job as the XD45 without the weight and bulk when carrying...

I personally carry the G30SF everyday...

10. Hollen

Hollen New Member

Yea that was the negative on the xds was the weight. I will probably end up buying both. But I really need one now so probably the g30 or g36.

11. SHOOTER13

Go to a dealer and try a few on for size...I went to a gun range

that rents them...and it was the best way to determine what felt

right in my hand. The caliber was a given...;)

12. Hollen

Hollen New Member

My shooting buddy has every glock under the sun. I'll have to get him to go shoot soon and try them. I love a good 45 and won't go less than .40. I've also been eyeing a guncrafter industries .50 1911 but the girlfriend said that one will have to wait a while lol..

13. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

The keyword here is "girlfriend". Get whatever the hell you want and don't let a girlfriend tell you otherwise.

14. SHOOTER13

I was gonna say X-girlfriend...but didn't want to be premature ! ;)

15. Hollen

Hollen New Member

Lol she a good girl. Never questions me or tells me wat I can or cannot buy. Unless we Just don't have the money.

16. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Come on man!!! You cannot say that word unless you're married. Lord, sometimes I wish I couldn't say that word. :cool:

17. Hollen

Hollen New Member

I understand ur point...:) but we live together so no mater its our money bills are bills!! But when bills are paid I buy wat I want..:)

18. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

This day an age. Living together happens way more often...

19. GreekGen4

GreekGen4 New Member

Hey I think advancedarms.com has them. They aren't an online order website however he is my ffl in pa. I am giving you the link to his site to get contact info. Best way to Contact is via e mail. You can try calling but its always real busy in the place and you will catch a busy signal. or you can get a G30 or 36. It's up to you.

20. Hollen

Hollen New Member

I'm probably gonna get the xds and the g36. I want the xds cause I have the xdm.45.