Glock Firearms banner
121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have not seen any bulk on line prices for 9mm that are not higher than the current prices at Academy by almost 2X, or .22lr that are not a lot higher than I can buy Federal Automatch at Walmart!

Academy has WWB 9mm for about 34 cents a round and best I find on line is generally about 60 cents a round plus shipping.

What bulk on-line sites do you suggest has better pricing ?
In recent weeks I've bought ammo online in both 115 gr and 124 gr 9mm for 34 cpr with free shipping. Locally I got 147 gr at 34 cpr net of all fees. I recently also scored from a flash 24 sale a month ago PMC for about 35 cpr. So Academy must be really good. But I also find Winchester bulk to be worse than the ammo I've managed to get including Norma and Geco. WWB seems to be the dirtiest and smokiest of the different ammo I've shot which includes PMC Bronze, Brass Blazer, Speer Lawman, Sellier and Bellot, as well as Winchester and Brownell's which are both dirty.

I'll gladly pay a 1 or 2 cpr more to avoid WWB.

P.S. Be grateful you have an Academy nearby. The closest I have, which is not very close, is Cabela's and their deals weren't too good in the few times I've driven out there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Local range back to decent amount of stock in all types of ammo...and no limit. 9mm $23.99 a box for Fed and WWB at $21.99..... .22 still a little high, but better than before at $6.99 a box for CCI. Still think I am set for life on .22 ammo. Local Rural King remains a waste of time for ammo and for firearms cleaning supplies. I did buy a can of Lucas non-chlorinated brake cleaner at the table near the check out stand for $2.79. It will due in a pinch if I can not find Ballistol or CLP soon. Amazon is my last resort.
Tomorrow is a pawn shop day to look for old mags and odds and ends. Can even find some good deals every so often on ammo in one or two. Need to find some .32 long for my wife's .32 mag CA revolver.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,413 Posts
So I ventured to a couple of sporting goods stores today. Academy has expanded their ammo area from the pandemic empty shelves and have about half of the ammo aisle filled along with a cart behind the counter with their recent deliveries.
As usual prices are still running twice what they were pre-pandemic.
Then I went to the giant Scheels in the Colony.
When are retailers going to say something needs to be done because their shelves are jam packed with inventory that’s too pricey for most enthusiasts?
Check this out;
Brown Wood Rectangle Handwriting Font
Shelf Product Wood Publication Shelving
Brown Wood Shelf Brick Rectangle
Shelf Wood Grille Rectangle Flooring
Brown Shipping box Packing materials Shelving Wood
Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas Retail Motor vehicle
Wood Shipping box Package delivery Packing materials Shelving

There were plenty of guys in the aisles looking and leaving!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good ! I am not interested until prices are about half what they currently are.

I'm perfectly happy shooting my Glock 44 and I can get 22lr at about 6 cents a round. I go shoot every week with my wife and she loves to shoot her S&W M&P 22 Compact. She's getting very good with it too !

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
So I ventured to a couple of sporting goods stores today. Academy has expanded their ammo area from the pandemic empty shelves and have about half of the ammo aisle filled along with a cart behind the counter with their recent deliveries.
As usual prices are still running twice what they were pre-pandemic.
Then I went to the giant Scheels in the Colony.
When are retailers going to say something needs to be done because their shelves are jam packed with inventory that’s too pricey for most enthusiasts?
Check this out;
View attachment 258849 View attachment 258850 View attachment 258851 View attachment 258852 View attachment 258853 View attachment 258854 View attachment 258855
There were plenty of guys in the aisles looking and leaving!
At those prices that ammunition isn't going to disappear from the shelves anytime soon.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Hey Danzig, and any others that would like to chime in. How much is 10mm going for in your neck of the woods? I have never been in the market for it until recently. Got a Glock 20 and have only been able to shoot 50 rounds out of it so far.. I have only found some Nosler and some federal self defense ammo. fmjs are very hard to find still in the Spokane/ Couerdalane area.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,413 Posts
Hey Danzig, and any others that would like to chime in. How much is 10mm going for in your neck of the woods? I have never been in the market for it until recently. Got a Glock 20 and have only been able to shoot 50 rounds out of it so far.. I have only found some Nosler and some federal self defense ammo. fmjs are very hard to find still in the Spokane/ Couerdalane area.
I haven’t paid much attention to the 10 cause I don’t have one. I’ll look around next outing.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
In my neck of the woods there isn't any on the shelves.

Reactions: Lucian_253
121 - 140 of 177 Posts