Glock Firearms banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Can't answer your question, but it is close to half what it was a few months ago. What will it be in 6 months? A year?
You can gamble for lower, but for decent ammo, that is usually a little over market price, it isn't too bad for today.
You can hold out for 30¢ 5.56, but you may be in for a long wait. Still, I wouldn't go plum crazy with it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
We will see if possible national, and international events on Saturday delete supply, and jump the prices.

The great al-mon-omnip00tint NQNP has spoken!

·
Registered
724 Posts
We will see if possible national, and international events on Saturday delete supply, and jump the prices.

The great al-mon-omnip00tint NQNP has spoken!
I haven't watched a Nooz program in over a year. What is happening Saturday?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,952 Posts
Can't answer your question, but it is close to half what it was a few months ago. What will it be in 6 months? A year?
You can gamble for lower, but for decent ammo, that is usually a little over market price, it isn't too bad for today.
You can hold out for 30¢ 5.56, but you may be in for a long wait. Still, I wouldn't go plum crazy with it.
5.56/.223 is abundant everywhere I go and online but pricing is just ridiculous. Retailers gotta be getting backed up with the stuff!
Yes, I stocked up on the stuff, pre-pandemic and have tapered off my mag dumps but gimme a break.
$1/round is plain stupid! Even in the worst of it I could find it for around .70/round but I wouldn’t touch it. Most places I’m seeing around .50-.60/round, which is still too rich for me. .40/round and I’ll be a possible buyer.
.30/round and mag dump city here I come!🤠

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
There’s a guy near where I live that has eleven boxes of Gold Dot LE ammo and six boxes of Lawman ammo, all chambered in 357 Sig.

He was wanting 9mm ammo, but I don’t really want to get rid of it as I’d just have to replace it.
I offered a nice Remington 1100 Magnum but I haven’t heard back from him.
I’d REALLY like to get a hold of that!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Well, I scored on that 357 Sig ammo today.
I traded an old Hi Point .380, a $4 holster, 3 1/2 boxes of range ammo and almost 8 boxes of JHP, all in 9mm, for 5 boxes of Lawman and 11 boxes of Gold Dot LE ammo.
I thought that was a pretty far deal.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Well, I scored on that 357 Sig ammo today.
I traded an old Hi Point .380, a $4 holster, 3 1/2 boxes of range ammo and almost 8 boxes of JHP, all in 9mm, for 5 boxes of Lawman and 11 boxes of Gold Dot LE ammo.
I thought that was a pretty far deal.
Well it makes me feel happy that I have more .357 sig than any other handgun ammo, besides maybe 9mm. I struggling to find .357 magnum right now.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Well it makes me feel happy that I have more .357 sig than any other handgun ammo, besides maybe 9mm. I struggling to find .357 magnum right now.
I'm the same predicament now, if you want to call it that.
The wife has a S&W 686 and only has one box of JHP. It seems like she's not interested in purchasing more ammo, even though I have found 38 Special in JHP.
My next fairly good sized stash is 45 ACP.
I think she's worried about the house blowing up in case there's a fire. LOL!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just perusing through the recent Natchez catalogue and noticed tons and tons of ammunition in stock. If there’s a shortage nobody informed Natchez. However as expected prices are super jacked. Not counting tax & shipping a 1,000 rd case of 223/556 is running roughly $700. M193 even more. Who remembers when that was $300? FMJ 9mm $23 a box. Again need to include tax (if applicable) and shipping.

Honestly starting to lose hope in prices coming back down even somewhat close to what they were. Back in early July I bought several cases of brass 9mm at .38 a rd w/free shipping just to hedge my bets. Now I’m glad I did. Same ammo now is selling for .46 a rd.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,952 Posts
Just perusing through the recent Natchez catalogue and noticed tons and tons of ammunition in stock. If there’s a shortage nobody informed Natchez. However as expected prices are super jacked. Not counting tax & shipping a 1,000 rd case of 223/556 is running roughly $700. M193 even more. Who remembers when that was $300? FMJ 9mm $23 a box. Again need to include tax (if applicable) and shipping.

Honestly starting to lose hope in prices coming back down even somewhat close to what they were. Back in early July I bought several cases of brass 9mm at .38 a rd w/free shipping just to hedge my bets. Now I’m glad I did. Same ammo now is selling for .46 a rd.
Like you said tons and tons of ammo in stock. It’s sitting. Sooner or later they gotta drop prices. Enthusiasts are refusing to budge.
Font Audio equipment Publication Advertising Brand

some retailers are lowering their prices.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have not seen any retailers lowering prices. Academy prices are the same today as they were when they first started getting a little bit of it and put it back on the shelf.

And actually Walmart has jacked its prices up recently on 22lr Federal Automatch

·
Registered
959 Posts

You're shopping in the wrong places.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts