Glock Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,952 Posts
I buy and stock up when I can find deals from locals as I only started shooting this year. I've been buying from local hoarders who bought pre pandemic and want to sell some off at a profit, but still below retail plus shipping and tax.
Be careful with ammo from strangers. There are a few nightmare stories out there. Most scalpers charge more than retail.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, I know the prices and I've always gotten deals much better than can be found on Ammoseek or Ammobuy. I also randomly test the ammo. I've bought 124gr Speer Lawman at 340/1000 and CCI Minimags for 10-11 cpr. No steel or reman for me.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,952 Posts
Well, I know the prices and I've always gotten deals much better than can be found on Ammoseek or Ammobuy. I also randomly test the ammo. I've bought 124gr Speer Lawman at 340/1000 and CCI Minimags for 10-11 cpr. No steel or reman for me.
Sticking with factory loaded ammo is good. Those prices are decent for nowadays.
In an old thread here, a member bought some ammo at a gun show. Evidently the rounds were sabotaged by an antigun zealot.
A dead giveaway is visible differences between rounds out of the same box.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Never reloaded it, but people load necked cases every day, and by the gross. 357Sig is said to have some setback "problems", but one would think they would be less than straight walled thanks to the design. I don't have any experience with it.
For what ever reason necked pistol ammo has never been a marketing success in the US, 357 Sig being about the longest lived and most popular that I know of.
If you carry .357 sig, even with factory rounds. Bullet set back is something you want to check 2-3 times a year on your carry ammo. Depending on how often you unload your carry ammo.

Hand Liquid Cosmetics Font Bullet

Google pic.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you carry .357 sig, even with factory rounds. Bullet set back is something you want to check 2-3 times a year on your carry ammo. Depending on how often you unload your carry ammo.

View attachment 255684

Google pic.
Like I said, I don't have enough experience with it to be more than my limited exposure.
The bottle "should" make for more fluid loading, but other things play in.
It is a frugal practice to check for set back with any round, especially those loaded regularly. I've seen 9, 40, and 45 all suffer from it.
Side note, and not really related, but I was a 400 Cor Bon fan. Never bought in because the fad was so rabid, pricing was out of my interest zone. I got the chance to shoot some and it was a beast. Low ammo capacity, price, and several factors doomed it, being a bottle neck was one IMHO, along with 10 MM taking hold. I thought it would be a main stream but the 357 SIg won out on that and probably justifiably. I'd still take a 400 Cor Bon for woods carry.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
40% increase on 9mm here, if its available, brings it up to £14 per 50. 38 special is between £13.50 and £ 18.00 for 50
Reloading is definitely becoming an option

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Closest thing to a deal is from Buds Gun Shop under their “qualified professional” program.
The only problem is that the majority of it is Hornaday Critical Duty.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nope, just rolling my own. I have been finding pistol powder lately though. Sport Pistol, HS-6, Accurate #5 & 7, and TiteGroup. Primers are unobtainium still though unless you want to pay $150 a thousand at a gun show.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
The wife has already told me that there will be no knives, no gun, no ammo, or anything gun related for my birthday that’s coming up. :mad:
Well that's no fun at all.

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,089 Posts
I've started buying some ammo since the prices have started to come down.
Not like I normally would but a bit @ a time.

I'm not shooting my 6.5 Grendel, just sitting on the 500 or so rounds I have, it is still too pricey.

I like a 30 cal ammo box filled with each caliber I shoot, not to mention every mag filled to capacity.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts