Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see it’s slowing creeping down at some places and I wondered if anyone was purchasing ammo during these times.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Not at the prices I see but am still pumping out my reloads for weekly range trips.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I don’t have a reloading setup so I can’t have that privilege.
Are you still having to purchase reloading components?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Unfortunately, I don’t have a reloading setup so I can’t have that privilege.
Are you still having to purchase reloading components?
I'm buying some bullets when I find a deal on them, just picked some up from MBC recently .
The primers and powder come from my on hand stock, you have to remember I've been reloading for over 40 years so I have decent supply. The sooner one takes up reloading the sooner one takes control of his supply of ammunition.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
What’s considered fair deal nowadays?
I've recently seen adds for 50 rounds of FMJ 9 mm for 15.99 - 16.99 per box of 50 rounds and that's about pre CCP wu Flu pricing.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've recently seen adds for 50 rounds of FMJ 9 mm for 15.99 - 16.99 per box of 50 rounds and that's about pre CCP wu Flu pricing.
Last time I looked for ammo was about a month ago. The only 9mm they had was $45 for 50!

I have shot almost exclusively my own loads all year.

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
I’ll buy 50 count fmj 9mm if it’s $14.00 or less, not including tax. A box of Underwood .357 magnum self defense ammo is about $25 said & done lately.

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
$25 for 20?
38 Special is really high, I know.
I own a 686 that I'd like to get some ammo for.
Yeah Underwood is 20 rounds per box. They are currently out of stock on all .38 & .357 mag. I get email alerts from them. It’s all SD ammo really, wouldn’t waste on targets. Unless testing for carry. Locally I can’t find .38 or .357 magnum anywhere for any price.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,883 Posts
What’s considered fair deal nowadays?
$17.99 a box of 50 9mm is my limit. I’ve been picking up boxes whenever I come across any cheaper.
Best deal I’ve seen in a year was $11.99 for S&B 9mm/50rds.
I’ve got guns in multiple calibers and I bulked up pre-Covid. I try to keep at least 1000 rounds per caliber on hand. I don’t shoot them as much as 9.
Range trips are mostly running through 9mm, .223 and 7.62x39.
Best deals I’ve got this week.
Shelf Product Shelving Publication Retail
Rectangle Font Gas Signage Auto part

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
I have not seen an 9mm under $14 anywhere, any kind since the plague started.....period !
Now that I’m thinking about it, I think on this thread I recently paid more then $14 per 50 of fmj. So I’m going to amend my previous statement to maybe $16 or less.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Now that I’m thinking about it, I think on this thread I recently paid more then $14 per 50 of fmj. So I’m going to amend my previous statement to maybe $16 or less.
I have seen some Blazer aluminum 9mm for I think $15.99 and some Blazer brass for I think $17.99 but they are out of both of those now and that's the cheapest 9mm I have seen for well over a year.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Not at the prices I see but am still pumping out my reloads for weekly range trips.
I would love to do that. Can't find components. That will be corrected as much and as soon as possible, but it has not given up yet.

Reactions: jhg and SJ 40

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Once things return to sort of normal every time powder inc. or Maine powder house or some of the other distributors has a deal on primers purchase at lest 5 K,,many times they offer free Haz Mat. make the purchase.
When you see a deal on bullets make the purchase, same for brass, that's how you will build up a supply and no longer worry about the disruptions the seem to occur every decade or so.

Reactions: j102 and Danzig

·
Registered
723 Posts
357 Sig is difficult to reload, I hear, due to the necked down case.
Never reloaded it, but people load necked cases every day, and by the gross. 357Sig is said to have some setback "problems", but one would think they would be less than straight walled thanks to the design. I don't have any experience with it.
For what ever reason necked pistol ammo has never been a marketing success in the US, 357 Sig being about the longest lived and most popular that I know of.

Reactions: Lucian_253 and j102

·
Registered
19 Posts
I buy and stock up when I can find deals from locals as I only started shooting this year. I've been buying from local hoarders who bought pre pandemic and want to sell some off at a profit, but still below retail plus shipping and tax.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts