any thoughts on a "members only" facebook page?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Ghost23, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I think it'd be pretty awesome to have a GF page where you have to friend request a page so that only the members can join. I know there's already a page, but just throwing my two cents in.

2. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Glock forum doesn't need a facebook page. It could help with the community growing but I feel this forum speaks for itself and has a great reputation.

I do understand they already have one, I'm just saying. Facebook is complete garbage and is on the downfall

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012

3. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

I second that. I wouldn't have a Facebook account if I was paid to. Just my opinion though.

4. rickjames

I'm not going to lie, I do have one and it's only because I have family members in other countries that are in the Army and it's their best way of communicating with family and sharing photos.
    Ever since I joined Glock Forum I check facebook rarely, and speak to my family through skype.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Don't use FaceBook...never will. ( Just my 2 cents...)

As far as it happening here...don't think so !

6. GF already has a public facebook page. That said the logistics of having a members only page and checking every request against the DB (not to mention the effort of sorting out real names and forum names) are simply too large to ever take the project on. The admin runs many website forums and our staff works tirelessly for free already.

Furthermore this place is all about community, and we want it to reach all of the enthusiasts that it can. So logistics aside the image that it would put forth of some kind of elite or special community may ward off those we are trying to welcome.

7. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I didn't even think about it like that. Thanks nukin

8. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I'd rather see a Google+ page.

9. This is a good idea.

10. rickjames

+1 on that

11. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I thought that "Members Only" went out in the eighties. :D

12. If it dose go threw, I'm still not going to create a facebook page.:)

13. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Me too. We need more action on Google+!

14. How about a members only Boom Boom room? lol :p Or we could have a members only room like they did in Club 57 ;);):D lmao :p. You don't sign up you cant get in cause your not on the list.

15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

See Matt's thread...

16. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I completely agree. Stay away from Facebook.