Any Reviews on KKM Barrels

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by gunlover66030, May 17, 2012.

1. gunlover66030

gunlover66030 New Member

I'm looking to get a barrel for my new Glock 34. Wanting to shoot lead for competitions to keep cost down. So I'm looking for anyone who has a KKM barrel an like it?
    Thanks for any input, Bob

2. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Had one. My Lone Wolf and stock barrels were more accurate. Throat/chamber were a tad too tight for reloads too...but in fairness sometimes there are variances in barrel tolerances..

3. bringtheheat

bringtheheat New Member

LWD lone wolf distributors makes great barrels, i have 2 of them on my g22/ it now fires 40s&w .357 sig & 9mm with the change of a barrel. 9mm requires 9mm mag.

4. gunlover66030

gunlover66030 New Member

Thanks for your input guys, this stock barrel is very accurate but my understanding since this is my first Glock that I shouldn't send lead thru it? Is that correct?
    I have read some good an some what good reviews on LWD barrels. This is why I enjoy this sight alot because I get good feedback and learn alot. The reviews I have read on KKM barrels have been all good. Thanks again, Bob

5. ifish42na

ifish42na ifish42na

HPNJ
    My G21 KKM is excellent, read a review here.

6. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

I know folks, and have myself, run lead in stock Glock barrels. The issue is the polygonal rifling, which can lead up easily which causes pressure spikes resulting in damage from "kabooms". Many will tell you it's an issue with Glocks...NOT! It's an issue of over pressurization and I've seen it happen with firearms other than Glocks.

If you run lead in a stock barrel the rounds need to be slow enough where you don't get leading. This is achieved via reloading ("rolling your own").

A good benefit of aftermarket barrels is they work the brass less, especially if you reload your brass. Remember, the brass casings expand in the chamber and when reloaded are squeezed back to original size. Do this over and over and it works the brass. I've actually seem brass with rings down by the case head from being reloaded and shot so much.

The aftermarket barrels tend to have tighter chambers which limits the expansion of the brass...you also don't get the "Glock bulge" and have better case head support (at least in some cases).

Hope this helps.

Z-

7. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I have KKM barrels in two of my pistols. We actually had a bullitin at work about lonewolf barrels and some issues. (357 sig) I really like the KKM barrels. Accurate and have no problems with my reloads.

8. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I have an Extended Barrel with ports on a G 21! I love it!

9. I have a KKM .40 barrel in my G23 and have nit had any problems at all. I shoot offhand, so i cannot tell you if it is more accurate or not, but I'm still hitting about the same as always. I don't shoot lead or reload my own bullets anymore but I typically buy remanufactured rounds. After shooting thousands of reman ammo, I had a kaboom with BVAC 180 FMJ. Scary! After much research, I bought a KKM. Not totally sure this is 100% guarantee to prevent another KB but I feel better shooting reman ammo.

10. DarthCa1

DarthCa1 New Member

[​IMG]
    I have one of my pistol of KKM all barrels

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hey darth, I missed ya somehow, Have you posted in the Introduction section yet? If not , maybe you could go over there and give us a litle info. on you and your Glocks? Pics are great if you got them. Welcome, enjoy.

12. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I run a LoneWolf .357 in my G22. What issues? From who?

13. gunlover66030

gunlover66030 New Member

Ok, one more question on a KKM barrel. If you go to KKM's website they list 2 barrels for my Glock 34, the first barrel is a "drop in" barrel and the other they list is a "gunsmith" barrel. Can someone tell me the difference? I am want to shoot action pistol matches that include paper an steel targets. I reload my own including FMJ and Lead and that why I want to change barrels in my Glock.
    Thanks again, Bob

14. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I sent you a PM.

15. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

The Match grade barrel requires "fitting". Semi drop in usually require no gunsmithing and if they do it is like $35. A match barrel cost like $175 usually to have it fitted. The match is the most ideal way to go but I have yet to convince myself to do it. Maybe when my 32 gets here I will do a bar sto match. :) I hope this helps!

16. judgecrater

judgecrater Member

Just returned from the range after installing a KKM in my G17. Shot lead, plated and jacketed. All did well. Group sizes did shrink. Big plus is the easy clean up. Very little leading and it came out without difficulty. The old Glock barrel was pretty tough to de-lead.

17. I have a KKM SS competition Glock 35 barrel for my Glock 22C. For me it is slightly more accurate then my factory barrel (probably due to it being longer then factory) but nothing incredibly noticeable. It isn't compensated so there is more recoil then with the factory barrel. I like mine. Hoping to start reloading soon. I did shoot some reloads through it that a friend did for a gun of his.

18. ChrisG17-4

ChrisG17-4 New Member

I have had one in my 17 for over a year. Tighter groups, no ftf's(I polished the feed ramp) and the thing is just beefier. Easy to clean. Nylon brush then regular wet and dry patches. Look great polished too!

19. Leper

Leper New Member

I use a KKM 40-9 conversion barrel in my 23C sometimes. I'd say it is as accurate that way as my full size 17C. Personally I wouldn't use any of LWD branded items although I do order Glock OEM items from them.