Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just curious, how long did it take to accumulate all those mags? That's an impressive bunch of 'em. I'm guessing your gun collection must be no less impressive!
8 years maybe
I had some pmags for ar15 loaded so long the mouth spread out.
Magpul swapped them out. No reciept required

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
8 years maybe
I had some pmags for ar15 loaded so long the mouth spread out.
Magpul swapped them out. No reciept required
Nothing wrong with having tons of mags. Only thing better is having lots of guns. We might be needing them soon.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am a 1911 guy. Grandpa WWI had a 1911, Dad WWII had a 1911A1 and that is what I was issued in the Marines. Anyways over the last 50+ years I got a lot of 1911 magazines. Anyways back then you go to a Yard Sale and people will have 1911 magazines for sale. Gun Shows had great deals on buying 1911 magazines in bulk. I use to shoot IDPA - Combat Competition so I always maintain a lot of magazines.

Now that I am a senior I just have maybe three for each Glock. But the Glock 26 can use all the 9mm magazines.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have a zip lock freezer bag just full of S&W 4506 mags. My dad always said they will get the ammo, & the magazines to get the guns.
I prefer factory magazines over after market and managed to find 4 more for my 4566 but they're pricey.
ProMag makes 8 and 10 round mags for the 4566 so I may get a couple of their 10 round mags and see how they work out. I've used their mags in my Ruger P89 with no problems.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...........

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am a 1911 guy. Grandpa WWI had a 1911, Dad WWII had a 1911A1 and that is what I was issued in the Marines. Anyways over the last 50+ years I got a lot of 1911 magazines. Anyways back then you go to a Yard Sale and people will have 1911 magazines for sale. Gun Shows had great deals on buying 1911 magazines in bulk. I use to shoot IDPA - Combat Competition so I always maintain a lot of magazines.

Now that I am a senior I just have maybe three for each Glock. But the Glock 26 can use all the 9mm magazines.
Im a tripp fanboy
Ive had even new colt mags jam my gun

·
Premium Member
14,648 Posts
I prefer factory magazines over after market and managed to find 4 more for my 4566 but they're pricey.
ProMag makes 8 and 10 round mags for the 4566 so I may get a couple of their 10 round mags and see how they work out. I've used their mags in my Ruger P89 with no problems.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...........
I’ve never tried the ProMag ones. All my 4506, & 1006 are the oem Mec-Gar magazines. My 1006 mags I only have 4. They are almost $100 a piece on the secondary market.

·
Premium Member
14,648 Posts
I’d love to post pics of the massive magazine collection, that I may or not have. It’s a sad day when the state you live in makes you have to worry about what kind of magazines you have.

I do randomly have a ww2 belt of M1 Garand Clips, but no M1 garand, lol! I’m the guy who raids the used holster, & magazine bins at my lgs. I’ve been doing this now for around 20 years.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
For my 1911's it's Metalform or CMC power mags,been using Metalform for IPSC for close to 40 years now.

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
Does something north of three dozen for the G 22 alone count.
Two dozen of them I picked up 8,10 years back at Aim surplus,they were LEO trade in and ordering them by the dozen the price for OEM magazines was 4.95 each. 5 of the magazines I dont think had ever been a gun or even a mag pouch and all were in good condition.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts