Oregon Any Oregonians out here?

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by Foomamapop, May 6, 2015.

1. Foomamapop

Foomamapop New Member

Beautiful weather lately for outdoor shooting. Where do you all like to shoot?

2. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

I live in Junction City and I go shooting in the woods around my place. There is a gun club in Albany and Springfield. I don't belong to one yet. If you live closer to Portland there is a gun club out in Dundee, Oregon. It's called the Chehalem Valley Sportsman Club. I think they have a website.

I hope this helps.

3. Foomamapop

Foomamapop New Member

Thanks! I live on the northern coast so I just drive about ten minutes up in the woods. We are both really lucky to be able to go shoot outside without worrying about range fees and availability. I get to Portland sometimes. Might be nice to have an indoor option for the rainy months. I've heard A Place to Shoot is a good range in the Portland area.

4. sglide05

Yes but it is very expensive and you have to use their ammo which is expensive as well.

5. Foomamapop

Foomamapop New Member

Sounds like sticking with outdoors and getting a little wet is a better option. Good thing Glocks can handle rain. Shooting is expensive enough without added range and ammo fees.

6. sglide05

You might want to check them out. They might have changed their prices. I doubt it but a quick call to them would solve it.

7. sglide05

You should join the GSSF and shoot some of the matches. They are a lot of fun. Plus you get blue label pricing on Glocks. There is a match in Dundee and Albany here in Oregon. I just went to the Boise match in April. It was fun.

8. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I live in Yamhill county. I shoot some on my property but it is limited because of the slope. I belong to Newberg Rifle & Pistol club, Tricounty and Chehalem Valley Sportsman club. If you are ever in the area you are welcome to go as my guest.
    I echo sglide05's suggestion of joining GSSF. The matches are fun and you get discount coupons to buy Glocks.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  9. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

My home club is Tri-County but shoot at Albany, Dundee, Bend, White City. Then travel to matches in Washington, Arizona, Maui, Utah, and soon Florida.

10. Foomamapop

Foomamapop New Member

Awesome ideas! I'd love to come watch a match sometime soon. Maybe one in Maui . Seriously though, I'll look up match schedules and get to one soon.
    Thanks for the offer, NWGlockGirl. If you're serious, I'll take you up on that offer. I'm interested in shooting with as many people as possible.

11. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

It's for sure a serious offer....I've met and shot with a couple of forum members, including sglide05. It's great to meet others on the forum.

12. Foomamapop

Foomamapop New Member

That's awesome! I don't have too many people around to shoot with and most are at my level so I'd love to hang with some more experienced shooters.

13. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

If you are going to be in the area, just let me know. :)

14. Foomamapop

Foomamapop New Member

I definitely will. Sounds like you shoot often. What's your favorite gun to shoot? Are you strictly a Glock person or do you own other firearms as well?

15. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

My favorite is my G19....I am not strictly a Glock person, but I definitely favor them. I have Berettas, Rugers, S&W, Walthers, Browning and probably a few others I can' remember :)

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  16. sglide05

If you are ever in Junction City drop me a line and I'll go shooting with you.

17. Foomamapop

Foomamapop New Member

I definitely will. I get over that way occasionally. Thanks for the offer. I'm headed up in the hill now to put a few rounds through. I'm hoping to see improvement over last week. Have a great day everyone.

18. sglide05

My gf and I both have G42's but I'm sure I will love the G43 as well. Can't have too many Glock's.

19. Foomamapop

Foomamapop New Member

I completely agree. I had a Glock 22 in my hands a few days ago. I came so close to purchasing it but since I just bought my G43 three weeks ago I figured I better wait. I really didn't understand the Glock appeal until I shot one myself. Now I must have ALLLL the Glocks.

20. sglide05

I prefer the .45 ACP myself.