Any opinions on Mossberg 308 rifles?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by BocaDan, Jun 3, 2012.

1. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

I want to have a 308Win rifle just to pretty much have something in that caliber. I was going to go to an AR10 route, but after seeing their price I kind of backed away from that idea.

I'm seeing Mossberg 100ATR models with wood stocks & fluted barrels for under $300 which seems like a very good deal. Anybody out there having experience with these?

This will be solely for making holes on paper, from rest. No hunting, hd or anything of that sort. Maybe I'll slap on a cheap scope to reach out to 200-300 yards and that's it...

Thanks all!

Dan

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I look forward to the responses, I want to add something very similar very soon

3. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

Not a fan of the ATR. Their bolt is sloppy and on two of my friends rifles they had either weak firing pins or not locking right. Seemed if you jammed bolt down hard it never misfired. Both of them bought them b4 rifle season and I haven't heard what Mossberg's response was.

I would go with a Remington 770. The run around $300 or save a little more and get a 700 or 710. I personally like the Remington 700. I own .243, .270, .308, 7mm and working on a .300 ultra mag.