Glock Firearms banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,761 Posts
How do you like the Tread? I've been debating getting one for awhile now.
I have one. It’s cool but sometimes using the tools are more of a pain in the ass. I’ll end up searching for the correct tool for the job.
It is well made and I’ve gotten a ton of compliments.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Pozi can be used for some philips & square drive or Robert’s?
The way I understand it is that some Phillips drivers can be used on a Pozi screw, but not the other way around, and some large flatheads drivers can fit in opposite corners of a Roberts screw, but it’s only something you would do in a pinch because it’s not good for the tools

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
I have one. It’s cool but sometimes using the tools are more of a pain in the ass. I’ll end up searching for the correct tool for the job.
It is well made and I’ve gotten a ton of compliments.
I also get a lot of compliments on mine, most not even knowing it’s a multitool bracelet.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
For anyone that has a Leatherman Wave or a Charge and would like having an awl, which does not come with them, I found the following 2 types of 1/4" awl bits made by Megapro that will work with the Leatherman bit extension. If you also want to be able to use them without the bit extension attached, and also make them fit into the Leatherman bit holder, they can be cut down with a Dremel tool to make them into a Leatherman flattened style bit. I ordered 2 of squared style awl bits in case I mess one up cutting in down so I'll get a 2nd shot at it. They were only a couple bucks each. It’s a much better awl than the one I made out of a Pozi bit.
6AWL-SQ-2.jpg 6AWL-RD-2.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
My brother that literally has nothing in common with me bought me mine for a Christmas present. $200 due to it was pvd black & first year the LT model came out. So I would wear mine daily just because of that alone. Plus I like having a seatbelt cutter & glass breaker on my body at all times.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,761 Posts
My brother that literally has nothing in common with me bought me mine for a Christmas present. $200 due to it was pvd black & first year the LT model came out. So I would wear mine daily just because of that alone. Plus I like having a seatbelt cutter & glass breaker on my body at all times.
Same for me. My brother got me mine for a Christmas present years back. Interested in knowing how the black finish has held up over time?

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Same for me. My brother got me mine for a Christmas present years back. Interested in knowing how the black finish has held up over time?
IMG_1605998132.890849.jpg

2 years everyday wear. Only the bottom of the wrist is showing wear.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
Not bad. My brother wanted to get me the black but it was sold out everywhere at the time. I liked the plain stainless cause scratches don’t show.
I figure if black DLC comes off, I’ll just have to polish & have a stainless one, lol!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
C08A0B89-EFDF-43EE-9B3A-E19D6364E3AF.jpeg

I ended just going with the one that I cut down length wise right where the groove ends and left it at that and the length was perfect to fit in the bit extender. When I flattened the other bit there was just not enough “meat” left on the bit and it would have been too thin/fragile, and it looked like crap too. To make it fit in the sheath with the other stuff I simply leave it in the bit extender and made a safety cap out of a ball point pen grip and click button so I don’t stick myself in the hand when I get the tool out of the sheath. I need to take a pic of the finished product. This pic is as I received it before being cut down.

·
Registered
471 Posts
This thread go me thinking of some kind or pocket tool that might be useful to me. I stumbled on this. $11 at Walmart.com, and probably a bit cheap in the adjustable wrench side, but it works. Regular oriented pliers, knife blade, and 3 little screw driver bits. They seem to be odd size and don't interchange with 1/4 in bits, but oh well. Not sure how long it will last but doesn't take any more room than my Kershaw and seems pretty sturdy, otherwise. Something I might carry, and if not, it won't make a bad addition to my tool kit grab bag.
Multi Tool.png

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Never seen a multi-tool like that before; very unusual looking, but also has a crescent wrench which would be very handy to have

·
Gen 3 G19 Shooter
2,263 Posts
This thread go me thinking of some kind or pocket tool that might be useful to me. I stumbled on this. $11 at Walmart.com, and probably a bit cheap in the adjustable wrench side, but it works. Regular oriented pliers, knife blade, and 3 little screw driver bits. They seem to be odd size and don't interchange with 1/4 in bits, but oh well. Not sure how long it will last but doesn't take any more room than my Kershaw and seems pretty sturdy, otherwise. Something I might carry, and if not, it won't make a bad addition to my tool kit grab bag.
View attachment 231995

Picked one of those up on Amazon for like 8 bucks last summer.
Carried it for a few days, then dumped it in my trucks center console.

It's functional, but a little heavy for pocket carry, IMHO. The "belt sheath" it came with felt like it was made from that same crap they make the cheap reusable grocery store totes from. Never even took it out of the box...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I see Academy has the Gerber Truss multi-tool on sale for just $23.00 and it’s in stock. I’ll pick one up today and check for some .40 or .357 Sig ammo while I’m there, but I’m not too hopeful on finding the ammo. I’ve been trying to use my $50.00 gift card for ammo for 2-1/2 months now.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Picked one of those up on Amazon for like 8 bucks last summer.
Carried it for a few days, then dumped it in my trucks center console.

It's functional, but a little heavy for pocket carry, IMHO. The "belt sheath" it came with felt like it was made from that same crap they make the cheap reusable grocery store totes from. Never even took it out of the box...
Sad to hear. This one isn't the most mechanically perfect, or maybe even well built. But doesn't seem that bad.
The adjustable is a bit flimsy, but then it is what it is and not made for even moderate stress. It will tighten a nut to get you by though. The pliers don't meet completely. Found that out trying to grab a tiny wire fro decorations. Probably a byproduct of the lock to keep it closed. Well, I'm giving them credit, LOL The wire cutter is decent enough for 22ga wire up to? but solid is much better. It leaves some desire for fine wire, but then some good cutters do as well. The knife is decent enough and the pocket clip seems to be rather durable. This one didn't come with the sheath, and I have plenty laying around, but the pocket clip solves that problem.
There seems to be several at a shotgun pattern of a price point, and I'll bet there are several quality differences. Then again, they may come off the same line, who knows. If I would have paid $25 for this, I would be a bit disappointed, just saying.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
My Truss will just go in my range box so it probably won’t get much hard use. I’m certainly not expecting Charge + quality for that price.

·
Premium Member
12,735 Posts
IMG_1606741810.483433.jpg

A company designed a hammer for the skeletool! Which is one of my favorite features of the larger signal I carry.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts