Glock Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much what the title says. Recently been using my G26 for off-duty carry and started using appendix carry. Been using a MIC holster of some sort and although I like it, my pant's metal button always makes contact with the slide. It puts marks on the slide near the extractor.

Is there any way to buff it out? I know eventually I probably would ignore it and telling myself that my gun has character now. And knowing it's a glock and made to be used and abused. Just have an OCD on new things getting scratched up.



image-1290704974.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
mikecu said:
Did you scratch that gun before you fired it?
Or have you fired it at that matter? But im sure only painting would be a solution, but not to sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was fine prior to shooting. It's from the button. Cause I tried it on another part of the slide. Eh. It gives it character I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
I just ask because it doesnt have alot of wear on the gun elsewhere..yeah I say just leave it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Any chance that it is the coating from the button and not a scratch in the slide? I would try a solvent or a Mr. Clean eraser on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mikecu said:
Any chance that it is the coating from the button and not a scratch in the slide? I would try a solvent or a Mr. Clean eraser on it.
Never thought of that. Most likely the grey coating being removed. Loved my dark black coating on my gen 3 g19. That thing landed on concrete in a scuffle and not a dent or scratch on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
Any chance that it is the coating from the button and not a scratch in the slide? I would try a solvent or a Mr. Clean eraser on it.
I had similar "scratches on one of my 21's and a light scrubbing with Hoppes #9 (as long as you are not sensitive to it) and a Magic Eraser and it looks good as new!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
It's a GLOCK and a few marks on it are just an indication of how much 'love' it's seen. Just enjoy it for what it is.... akbluz
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,907 Posts
ncarnage said:
Pretty much what the title says. Recently been using my G26 for off-duty carry and started using appendix carry. Been using a MIC holster of some sort and although I like it, my pant's metal button always makes contact with the slide. It puts marks on the slide near the extractor.

Is there any way to buff it out? I know eventually I probably would ignore it and telling myself that my gun has character now. And knowing it's a glock and made to be used and abused. Just have an OCD on new things getting scratched up.
Nice sight. I'm thinking of doing my sights. What kind is it? I like the red...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,653 Posts
Was fine prior to shooting. It's from the button. Cause I tried it on another part of the slide. Eh. It gives it character I guess.
What's your grandson/daughter going to think of you when he/she inherits a prissy, shiny, out-of-the-box looking gun?

I treasure every crack, wrinkle, missing zipper tooth and hole in the pocket of my Dad's B-24's waist gunners coat. It showed he lived and lived life on the edge. ;)

I wish he was still here to tell his stories to my grandkids.:(

Pass that legacy on bud and screw those scratches. Don't sweat the small stuff in life. We're all going to die soon enough.

At least those that follow you will know THAT was a working gun, not a showpiece.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kmurray96 said:
What's your grandson/daughter going to think of you when he/she inherits a prissy, shiny, out-of-the-box looking gun?

I treasure every crack, wrinkle, missing zipper tooth and hole in the pocket of my Dad's B-24's waist gunners coat. It showed he lived and lived life on the edge. ;)

I wish he was still here to tell his stories to my grandkids.:(

Pass that legacy on bud and screw those scratches. Don't sweat the small stuff in life. We're all going to die soon enough.

At least those that follow you will know THAT was a working gun, not a showpiece.
I liked everything you said there.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top