Any advice for a new carrier holster wise?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by shawng22, Jun 8, 2012.

1. shawng22

shawng22 New Member

Hello all! I'm getting used to the conceal carry life now, and I am looking for any advice on holsters. What would be a good holster for iwb carry? I am not gonna lie I am a bigger guy and carry a glock 22 gen 4. Everyone says the crossbreed style are nice, but wasn't sure. I own a Serpa blackhawk and love it however with my "size" it is a little harder to conceal lol. So any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

2. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I have a white hat holster for my G23 and love it. I also use a serpa but for OC. Mike P is a vendor here and makes awesome holsters. He is the owner of defensiveholsters.com. You should check him out.

Here is my white hat

Attached Files:

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Look at SideArmor Holsters for Keydex made stuff.

Very good product and super great service at reasonable prices!

http://www.sidearmor.com/

4. shawng22

shawng22 New Member

Thanks for the advice I will definitely be checking them out!

5. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Check out defensive holsters.com or n82tactical.com..

Attached Files:

6. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

MikeP is the go to guy!!!!

7. Thesarge

Thesarge "The Sarge"

Though I like and own a lot of high end horse hide holsters these days I mainly carry in Comp-tac holsters as their gear just plain works and the price is right. Comp-tac is a rock solid, established company that makes a wide assortment of holsters, mounting options of high quality with super customer service. Their build time is 3 days and they ship fast so you get your gear in about a week when ordered. I simply will not wait weeks or months for a plastic holster. Bill

8. jeapster93

jeapster93 New Member

I second the n82tactical.com recommendation!

9. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

FoxX holsters are awesome. Very comfortable and only $39. Also you will receive it in about 4 days.

Attached Files:

10. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I like my Remora holster.
    [​IMG]
    Picture from Remora website.

11. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

+1 on this....I haven't personally got one yet but everyone on here swears by his product. Exellent comfort and VERY reasonably priced.

12. mpgo4th

mpgo4th Member

Did you get the reinforced top or standard? and is it the ART grip or whatever they call it?

13. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I did get the reinforced top, but not the ART cut. If I was ordering again I wouldn't get the RFT; but the RFT is great for dry fire practice and the range. I have found that depending on the belt/pant, the RFT Remora would shift if I was slouching/laying on the couch, not a lot of movement. The ART cut would have been useful because it should have cleared the magazine release. I tried two different extended magazine releases, but both would engage.

I'd like to get a light/laser for my G30 someday; if I do, I'll order another one, no RFT, with ART cut, and light.

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

15. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I would go with MikeP defensiveholsters.com
    Or N82tactical.com very comfortable.

Attached Files:

16. pkaltx

pkaltx New Member

17. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

I sure wish MikeP would answer my PM lol!!!

18. runman

runman New Member

Mike P posted that he was going on a trip. I'm sure he'll answer soon.

19. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

Cool thanks for the heads up!

20. I ordered a couple of Raven Concealment holsters. Hopefully they will be here soon its been about 8 weeks.