Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to the forum just joined a few minutes ago actually, I have had the glock model 23 40 caliber for a couple of years and love it, recently I find myself wanting a 9mm as I am slim and feel the 40 is too much power. would love some feedback on this matter.. Thank you

Chris Cook

·
Registered
131 Posts
bobbyben said:
Hello all, I am new to the forum just joined a few minutes ago actually, I have had the glock model 23 40 caliber for a couple of years and love it, recently I find myself wanting a 9mm as I am slim and feel the 40 is too much power. would love some feedback on this matter.. Thank you

Chris Cook
I'll have my G23 next month and I'm planning to get the Lone Wolf .357SIG barrel. I suggested to you, try the Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel. If you are going to do some extensive shooting change out the extractor. and by 9mm mags.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,383 Posts
bobbyben said:

Chris Cook
Wait a minute! Did you just say a .40 is too much power?!? I've never heard a red blooded American ever say something had too much power!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris!! I can't help you with that, I have a 23 and I carry it every day! Seems quite nice to me. Enjoy the forum!!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Chris.

When you say too much power, do you mean too much recoil?

I had a G23 and know the .40 can be a bit snappy, but never felt it was unmanageable. I sold the 23 and bought a G26 for a number of reasons. However, recoil was not a factor in my selling it.

If you haven't already done so, go to your local LGS and rent some 9s. Shoot them and and then gauge how you feel about them.

But as mentioned, you could go with the conversion barrel. That is what makes the 23 so versatile.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum!
Stick around, you will like it here!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome! May I recommend you work out? Before long, you wil be sexy and know it! The .40 won't seem as much of a chore to shoot. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts