Another great piece of legislation... From the left.

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by leb686, May 8, 2012.

1. leb686

leb686 New Member

2. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Figures. I don't care if it was taken out of legislation or not. If it came down to my life or theirs, it would be theirs without a second thought about it.

I say we put these politicians in the place of fighting for their life and see what actions they would take.

Last edited: May 8, 2012

3. michibaptist

michibaptist New Member

First of all, these politicians enjoy some of the finest personal protection around. Who are they to say I can't even defend myself? Lol.

Second, it's pretty flawed logic. Let's say that Zimmerman did "hunt him down". Trayvon, had he been packin, could have "stood his ground", and still be alive today.

These people are a bunch of reactionary control freaks. They can legislate all they want. I'll protect myself and deal with the consequences.

4. CBS

CBS New Member

I was reading the comments below the article. One that jumped out at me was "if guns kill people, do pencils cause misspelled words?"

I don't think there legislation will go anywhere, but it is a real waste of time.

5. leb686

leb686 New Member

Agreed, it likely won't get far. However, you know if they still had super majorities they would pass this without batting an eyelash. These folks just scare me, their beyond left. I hope the discontent over the past 4+ years ushers in a new age of conservatism, if not we can kiss the 2nd amendment goodbye. Sorry, rant ended.

6. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

So they have a problem with Federal money going to states where you do not have to run away from someone trying to hurt you, this just means you will be shot in the back.

I wonder how they feel about the Federal money going to the states with legal abortions??? I don't think the babies being aborted can run anywhere.

Vote these ID10T's out of Washington and take a stand your ground attitude on our Rights, not just the Second Amendment all of them.

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

"In Florida alone, deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted." So that's three times as many criminals who are dead instead of the victim? This sounds like a good statistic to me.

8. jtk07

jtk07 New Member

Here is an idea - Take away the politicians body guards - no more armored cars - no way to fend of anyone attacking them - let them play by their rules. The 1up will be they can also only use oBOMBacare if they live through it - we will call it a trial run :)

9. twag4

twag4 New Member

House democrats are impotent. They don't have the numbers even within the democratic party in the house to do this. Th house has a good number of pro 2A democrats as well.

10. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Thank you Levelcross! Well said!

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

That may reduce the attempts from criminals! Less criminals works for me!

12. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

I agree plus they are not in jail using our tax dollars to sue everyone they can think of, or tying up the judicial system with public defenders.

13. Donn

Donn Active Member

The House dropped the Trayvon Amendment according to today's news. That's not to say it won't be back, but for now, it's gone.

14. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Good, it just amazes me hoe the media blatantly leaves out information and twists information, and there are so many people who just eat it up man. Honestly, can you not read that article objectively and see that the statistics they are listing are not a bad thing? It's all in the wording. It's like the statistics recently "President Obama creates 3 million jobs this year alone." Well what about the 10s of millions that were list before? That would be like me saying I paid ofd $10,000 in my debt this year, but leaving off the fact that I added another $100,000 to it, therefore still having a $90,000 increase to my debt. Come on people, wake up!

15. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Well. GM paid off their debt didn't they?? Yea right, oh yea, i just fell off the turnip truck too!! God this guy thinks we are stupid! This guy being our current administration .