Glock Forum banner

Another Glock 19

3K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Che 
#1 ·
I have a Glock 19 next to the bed with a light on it. I am thinking of getting a second one which would be easier to carry (no light). Also, I don't want different mag's around, this way they will all always fit/be the same, whether they came out of the safe, out of a mag holster, spare in the drawer, or left in my range bag.

I was thinking about getting the Springfield EMP, which is a 1911 configuration, but I keep coming back to this mag compatibility thought. I just wanted to mix it up some with a different gun.

So my question is, are there any interesting guns out there that accept the G19 mag? Something just to mix them up some?

Patrick

#2 ·
I thought about it too and was looking at shadow systems mr920 and psa dagger. While I will probably get both, I decided to get another Glock because it was either part of a home defense strategy or a carry/personal defense strategy. I only trust Glock for those uses. However, when I get the Shadow Systems mr 920 or PSA dagger, they will be great for the range.

#3 ·
Have you thought of some of the PCC/Pistols out there that take Glock mags.
There’s a bunch of AR variants.
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Machine gun
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Machine gun

#11 ·
^^^ THIS ^^^ In my opinion, the Glock 19 is as close to the perfect semi-automatic pistol as has been invented yet. I also think you could get a bunch of Glock 17 mags - they fit right into a Glock 19 and they hold more rounds. Since I started buying G17 mags I hardly ever use my G19 mags anymore. DON'T GET RID OF YOUR G19! ... just my opinion.

#10 ·
As was already mentioned you could go with a G26 that would use the G19 mags or, get a G17 and your current G19 could use its mags. Maybe take a look at the offerings from Shadow Systems which use comparable Glock mags for the most part. I have a Shadow Systems MR920 and it's a very nice shooter though it is somewhat more expensive than a G19.

#12 ·
An old G19 (Gen 3 RTF) is my EDC and on my nightstand along side a Surefire flashlight when in bed. Stashed in the nightstand drawer is a couple G17 mags and a G18 mag for good measure. While I don’t leave guns strategically stashed around the house, I do leave G17 mags in multiple locations. If I expected trouble, like throughout the recent criminal/social unrest, I’d have a G34 w/ an attached Surefire X300 weapons light handy whenever home (to support the various long guns kept at the ready).

The comment above about getting a Glock mag based AR9 or other PC carbine is excellent. Fitted with a light they are an acceptable home defense gun and a hoot to shoot at the range. I have a Wilson Combat AR9G topped with a simple red-dot sight. Ammo dependent, it will shoot 1” groups at 50-yards. While no PC carbine will match the performance (stopping power) of a rifle-round long gun, they do offer the G19 magazine compatibility sought after in the original post.

#13 ·
I have a Glock 19 next to the bed with a light on it. I am thinking of getting a second one which would be easier to carry (no light). Also, I don't want different mag's around, this way they will all always fit/be the same, whether they came out of the safe, out of a mag holster, spare in the drawer, or left in my range bag.

So my question is, are there any interesting guns out there that accept the G19 mag? Something just to mix them up some?
I have a Glock 17 for home defense and I usually carry a Glock 19 or the Glock 26. I have mostly G17 magazines and they fit in the other two.

#14 ·
Thanks guys. After reading through these, I am going to stick with the G19 and get another one. It is by far the most reliable and homogeneous (?) to my defense plan. Just to satisfy the itch to mix it up, I think I'm going to have it cerakoted to match one of my AR's. That should do it, at least till the next itch comes along. I just read an article on the new .30 super carry...here I go again!

#15 ·
The more I have thought about this, I am going to treat the answer the same way I treat my AR's. I have 5 or 6 AR's (got hooked on building them for a while). I have the winter white one, the long range one, the lightweight one, the short one, and a few others...but essentiallly they all do the same thing...throw 5.56 ammo down range. I will stick with the G19, several of them so the mag's match up, the wife is familiar with the controls, however, to satisfy the itch to have something different, play around with the paint schemes. That way they can be different, but interface with them will be identical, just like it is with the AR's.

#20 ·
... and a 12 Gage Stage Coach double barrel side by side next to the bed. Children are all out of the roost so no fear of wall penetration. Figure that will do the trick.
When I lived on a ranch I had a Remington 870 (loaded with 00 Buckshot) but I also had a Stoeger Stage Coach SXS in the closet that was good because you can quickly switch out the ammo to shoot wild dogs or coyotes and other pests.

#21 ·
Try a PCC that takes Glock mags. You can add an arm brace and red dot and be infinitely faster and more accurate. You can use 24 or 33 round mags. You can add a suppressor so you don't blow out your ear drums and blind yourself with muzzle flash in the middle of the night.

#26 ·
I have 2 G4 19's. The black one turned into a problem child. I ordered an ODG one and dropped Ameriglo night sights on it the day before I took a low light class. I did change the ejector on the other one and no help. I got a LWD extractor and it did fine. I haven't ran enough through it yet to carry it again. I keep forgetting to take it to the range!

VS buying another 19? G45's are the bomb! Not nose heavy like a 17.

I seldom carry a Glock any more. It's been either a 15+1 TP9SC, or a TP9 METE. they both will take a 20rd mag. No night sights for them yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.