Glock Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Seth and I just purchased my first Glock.

I went into the shop dedicated to purchasing a G23 gen 4 but ended up buying a G19 gen 4 after an employee at Cheaper Than Dirt turned me onto the 19 at Law Enforcement Discount (at $140 off their price, $240 under MSRP).

So I highly recommend CTD if you're around Texas or online at cheaperthandirt.com if you're a LOE/Military/First Responder.

So I really love Glock. I've fired only 200 rounds out of it. I was using some dirt, cheap Winchester white box and it performed excellent. Couldn't love it any more! However, my wife got a Ruger SR40c and it didn't like the ammo too much. I know Rugers come from the factory all greased up so I took it home and cleaned it first. It had a few failures after putting a few rounds through it.

So all in all, my wife and I fired for our CCW a couple months ago, she went Ruger .40S&W, I went Glock 9mm. I'll be carrying smaller caliber handgun than her, lol. And I'm a new happy Glock owner.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello, Sethican, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the family!

Planning to do any modifications to your Glock?

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You coulda gone with the 23 and bought a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm at the range!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Hello, Sethican, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the family!

Planning to do any modifications to your Glock?
-Sniper, I'm definitely open to mods in the future, but I'm keeping it stock for now.

-jimmy, I was planning on that, but I couldn't resist the discount they were offering me on the 19. I really wanted a 23 and had looked at conversions with that. I'm happy with the 19 now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's my handguns for now. Just beginning my collection :D

Glock 19 gen 4
Ruger SR40c
S&W .357 mag mod 19, (CHP)
H&R .22

Attachments

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Nice tools you have there! Welcome to the Glock Forum!

·
Banned
767 Posts
Dude! 1. Welcome to the forum, and 2. I didnt know that CTD has a discount for G19's?

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Sethican said:
Here's my handguns for now. Just beginning my collection :D

Glock 19 gen 4
Ruger SR40c
S&W .357 mag mod 19, (CHP)
H&R .22
How do you like that sr40c? Im thinking of picking one up with my tax return.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love the SR40c. Just bought it for my wife. I've taken it to the range for a few times. It feels really good, I fire with great accuracy. The feel of the grip isn't quite wide enough for my taste but I really like this gun. Fired about 300 rounds and no issues at all, and I was firing with the Winchester white box, the $15 stuff at walmart.

My only complaint is very minimal, you have to have a pen tip or something pointy to take out the take-down pin. That's not really anything about to complain about, lol. I recommend it.

My wife just left for Dallas to go to a photographers' workshop and she's carrying for the first time today. I'm so proud and have some sense of security!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts