Another First Time Glock Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sethican, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Sethican

Sethican New Member

I'm Seth and I just purchased my first Glock.

I went into the shop dedicated to purchasing a G23 gen 4 but ended up buying a G19 gen 4 after an employee at Cheaper Than Dirt turned me onto the 19 at Law Enforcement Discount (at $140 off their price, $240 under MSRP).

So I highly recommend CTD if you're around Texas or online at cheaperthandirt.com if you're a LOE/Military/First Responder.

So I really love Glock. I've fired only 200 rounds out of it. I was using some dirt, cheap Winchester white box and it performed excellent. Couldn't love it any more! However, my wife got a Ruger SR40c and it didn't like the ammo too much. I know Rugers come from the factory all greased up so I took it home and cleaned it first. It had a few failures after putting a few rounds through it.

So all in all, my wife and I fired for our CCW a couple months ago, she went Ruger .40S&W, I went Glock 9mm. I'll be carrying smaller caliber handgun than her, lol. And I'm a new happy Glock owner.

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Sethican, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the family!

Planning to do any modifications to your Glock?

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Sethican !!

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome to the forum! You coulda gone with the 23 and bought a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm at the range!

5. Sethican

Sethican New Member

Thanks

-Sniper, I'm definitely open to mods in the future, but I'm keeping it stock for now.

-jimmy, I was planning on that, but I couldn't resist the discount they were offering me on the 19. I really wanted a 23 and had looked at conversions with that. I'm happy with the 19 now.

6. Sethican

Sethican New Member

Here's my handguns for now. Just beginning my collection :D

Glock 19 gen 4
    Ruger SR40c
    S&W .357 mag mod 19, (CHP)
    H&R .22

Attached Files:

7. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Nice tools you have there! Welcome to the Glock Forum!

8. Dude! 1. Welcome to the forum, and 2. I didnt know that CTD has a discount for G19's?

9. Sethican

Sethican New Member

-Brian, It was at the physical store in Ft Worth, TX. I don't know if they do discounts online, you can try calling their number I guess

10. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice picture btw.

11. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

How do you like that sr40c? Im thinking of picking one up with my tax return.

12. Sethican

Sethican New Member

Love the SR40c. Just bought it for my wife. I've taken it to the range for a few times. It feels really good, I fire with great accuracy. The feel of the grip isn't quite wide enough for my taste but I really like this gun. Fired about 300 rounds and no issues at all, and I was firing with the Winchester white box, the $15 stuff at walmart.

My only complaint is very minimal, you have to have a pen tip or something pointy to take out the take-down pin. That's not really anything about to complain about, lol. I recommend it.

My wife just left for Dallas to go to a photographers' workshop and she's carrying for the first time today. I'm so proud and have some sense of security!

13. Sethican

Sethican New Member

For the record I like my Glock more for carry purposes :D