Glock Firearms banner

161 - 180 of 365 Posts

·
Gunslinger
8,656 Posts
I figure ammo manufacturers are working at a frenzied pace right now. I hope that it doesn't damage their quality control. I would like to be able to trust my future ammo purchases. That is of course if I get any more ammo purchases.

·
Banned
768 Posts
A local loader sold me a box of .357 at a gun show. JHP's, $30.00 for 25rds. He was out of 9's. Told me brass is hard to come by. He uses Starline, no reloads.

·
Gunslinger
8,656 Posts
I have been very lucky with my shooting through the years. I have never had a kaboom. I have shot plenty of questionable bullets, military surplus and some of my son's reloads. I have had a few squibs with my son's ammo and lots of hang fires with the military surplus. All of the hang fires were with military stuff, mostly foreign made and some of it very old.

·
Gunslinger
8,656 Posts
I used to shoot a lot of reloaded ammo, never gave it a second thought. Most of it I picked up at gun shows. Now that I have learned some stuff I am leery of reloads. Now I pretty much stick with known and proven brands. Or at least up until now. With todays craziness can't really say what the future will bring.

·
Premium Member
5,882 Posts
I stumbled upon rainer arms about 8 months ago and its a hidden gem! Ever since the covid they waved their shipping fees. Bought 1000rds of pmc bronze a few months back for 599 free shipping. No to mention they ship pretty quick!
Thanks for the info. Just ordered 2. Love the free shipping!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have been very lucky with my shooting through the years. I have never had a kaboom. I have shot plenty of questionable bullets, military surplus and some of my son's reloads. I have had a few squibs with my son's ammo and lots of hang fires with the military surplus. All of the hang fires were with military stuff, mostly foreign made and some of it very old.
I do my own reloading,won't touch gun show reloads unless it's Black Hills remans and the boxes are unopened.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Got 2 boxes of 200 rounds Winchester 5.56 white box. Paid $94.99 a box. Went to Academy for something else. Went to the gun dept. and to my surprise they had some ammo left at 10:00.
Tom

You know the old saying,Early Bird Gets The Worm,Congrats.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Just took a peak at ammoseek,60.0c$ a round for 9 mm brass is as low as it goes.CRAZY,and its still flying off the shelf.I even see 10 mm moving quicker. Maybe there was a run on 10 mm firearms.I pretty much have not gone to the range lately.I have ammo,but can't bring myself to shoot it.is there such a thing as a phobia to where you have ammo but can't bring yourself to shoot it,lol.

·
Gunslinger
8,656 Posts
Just took a peak at ammoseek,60.0c$ a round for 9 mm brass is as low as it goes.CRAZY,and its still flying off the shelf.I even see 10 mm moving quicker. Maybe there was a run on 10 mm firearms.I pretty much have not gone to the range lately.I have ammo,but can't bring myself to shoot it.is there such a thing as a phobia to where you have ammo but can't bring yourself to shoot it,lol.
I think a lot of folks have that phobia nowadays. I know I do.

161 - 180 of 365 Posts