Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Defendandprotect32, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
    Crazy part was I was breaking in the P80 build.
    I had about 500 rounds more of the ammo. Luckily the rest was fine but I paid good attention on the rest of them.

2. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

Bsck when .22lr was scarce I bought some Browning. Not sure who makes it. Anywayd bullets loose, bent, deformed, and didn't go bang with great frequency. At least I over paid for it.

SJ 40, jhg and TheKraken like this.

3. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I figure ammo manufacturers are working at a frenzied pace right now. I hope that it doesn't damage their quality control. I would like to be able to trust my future ammo purchases. That is of course if I get any more ammo purchases.

4. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

One of these days we may be able to tell our children and grandchildren "I can remember when ammo was less than a dollar per round". LOL.

5. NQNPIII

A local loader sold me a box of .357 at a gun show. JHP's, $30.00 for 25rds. He was out of 9's. Told me brass is hard to come by. He uses Starline, no reloads.

jhg likes this.
  6. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I have been very lucky with my shooting through the years. I have never had a kaboom. I have shot plenty of questionable bullets, military surplus and some of my son's reloads. I have had a few squibs with my son's ammo and lots of hang fires with the military surplus. All of the hang fires were with military stuff, mostly foreign made and some of it very old.

7. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I used to shoot a lot of reloaded ammo, never gave it a second thought. Most of it I picked up at gun shows. Now that I have learned some stuff I am leery of reloads. Now I pretty much stick with known and proven brands. Or at least up until now. With todays craziness can't really say what the future will bring.

Defendandprotect32 and SJ 40 like this.
  8. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks for the info. Just ordered 2. Love the free shipping!

9. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

I do my own reloading,won't touch gun show reloads unless it's Black Hills remans and the boxes are unopened.

wrpNYFL, Silver-Bolt and jhg like this.
  10. MagnoliaTom

MagnoliaTom Well-Known Member

Got 2 boxes of 200 rounds Winchester 5.56 white box. Paid $94.99 a box. Went to Academy for something else. Went to the gun dept. and to my surprise they had some ammo left at 10:00.

11. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

Tom

You know the old saying,Early Bird Gets The Worm,Congrats.

12. MagnoliaTom

MagnoliaTom Well-Known Member

That’s why I was so surprised they had any left. Usually I go 30 minutes before they open. Most times they’re sold out in 15 minutes after they open

wrpNYFL, SJ 40 and jhg like this.
  13. NQNPIII

Does Rainier charge tax?

wrpNYFL likes this.
  14. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member Supporter

Just took a peak at ammoseek,60.0c$ a round for 9 mm brass is as low as it goes.CRAZY,and its still flying off the shelf.I even see 10 mm moving quicker. Maybe there was a run on 10 mm firearms.I pretty much have not gone to the range lately.I have ammo,but can't bring myself to shoot it.is there such a thing as a phobia to where you have ammo but can't bring yourself to shoot it,lol.

wrpNYFL, j102, Danzig and 2 others like this.
  15. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I think a lot of folks have that phobia nowadays. I know I do.

wrpNYFL, j102, 34MOS and 2 others like this.
  16. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
    I wanna shoot bad but basically the ammo is irreplaceable for the foreseeable future.:(

wrpNYFL, j102, 34MOS and 3 others like this.
  17. Bish1309

Bish1309 Active Member

Unless you can find some Zombies.

wrpNYFL likes this.
  18. NQNPIII

Start hunting "coyotes!"

wrpNYFL, SJ 40 and Olga17 like this.
  19. Olga17

Olga17 Legitimate Combatant Supporter

With 22-250 :D

wrpNYFL and SJ 40 like this.
  20. NQNPIII

I meant the 2 legged ones that carry guns................. I should have said, "rob some coyotes!"

wrpNYFL, Olga17, SJ 40 and 1 other person like this.