Glock Firearms banner
561 - 580 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Since I’ve become voting age and a gun owner, I’ve noticed Democrats demagogue the latest gun crisis. This causes concern by gun owners and prospective gun owners spurning panic buying. Usually we experience temporary price increases around voting time but more and more the Democrats thump their chests over their grand plans. The gun and ammo droughts seem to be lasting longer and effect more sectors of the gun industry. The last year and a half have been unlike any in my lifetime, imagine most everyone else’s too.
So I don’t believe the Democrats/Government had these shortages as a preconceived plan. Look at our National background check system, more guns have been transferred this last year than any on record.
"The last year and a half have been unlike any in my lifetime, imagine most everyone else’s too."

Never truer words spoken.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
Just as an aside, In every past ammo drought I never saw birdshot disappear. Not this time. Every caliber and gauge dried up.
Even during Obama’s reign, I was buying bulk packs of 12 gauge birdshot with no rise in price or gaps in availability.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Since I’ve become voting age and a gun owner, I’ve noticed Democrats demagogue the latest gun crisis. This causes concern by gun owners and prospective gun owners spurning panic buying. Usually we experience temporary price increases around voting time but more and more the Democrats thump their chests over their grand plans. The gun and ammo droughts seem to be lasting longer and effect more sectors of the gun industry. The last year and a half have been unlike any in my lifetime, imagine most everyone else’s too.
So I don’t believe the Democrats/Government had these shortages as a preconceived plan. Look at our National background check system, more guns have been transferred this last year than any on record.
I have heard from more than one source that George 'Soreholes' has been quietly buying up gun/ammo manufacturers in an attempt to put them out of business or go B/K. This may be part of the anomoly that we've seen for the 1st time in our lives. Remington ring a bell? As already said, ALL ammo types in short supply?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
I have heard from more than one source that George 'Soreholes' has been quietly buying up gun/ammo manufacturers in an attempt to put them out of business or go B/K. This may be part of the anomoly that we've seen for the 1st time in our lives. Remington ring a bell? As already said, ALL ammo types in short supply?
The George Soros buying the gun companies conspiracy has been around for a number of years. It’s not true. He’s destroying the USA in a bunch of other ways.
…he’s pretty much retired, his son is taking over where the old man left off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just as an aside, In every past ammo drought I never saw birdshot disappear. Not this time. Every caliber and gauge dried up.
Even during Obama’s reign, I was buying bulk packs of 12 gauge birdshot with no rise in price or gaps in availability.
With that imagine the next crisis. I’m not fear mongering. Just applying common sense, keeping it real, and thinking ahead of the curve. This year I bought a new safe dedicated to ammo. Probably not a new idea for most here.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
For better or for worse, I saw this article this morning. Let's hope it's for the better.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
For better or for worse, I saw this article this morning. Let's hope it's for the better.
Sig adding capacity to their ammo production.
280EE7F0-0E6D-405E-B5BB-32692C26A4E4.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
So basically if these companies are investing millions into expanding their ammunition production we can pretty much expect higher prices. I’m ok with a reasonable bump in price as long as it puts an end to the zero availability which ultimately leads to price gouging. I’m a man who prefers stability.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
So basically if these companies are investing millions into expanding their ammunition production we can pretty much expect higher prices. I’m ok with a reasonable bump in price as long as it puts an end to the zero availability which ultimately leads to price gouging. I’m a man who prefers stability.
Not necessarily higher prices. They still have to compete in the marketplace.
If Magtech, PMC, S&B and others can still provide at “good” pricing then the other companies have to be somewhere close.
There’s no way around increased higher material costs, transportation, taxation and inflation so we are going to have to deal with that.
All these companies that are expanding production analyzed future projections before proceeding.
What I learned in my foray in the business is that you have to expect huge hills and valleys when it comes to demand.
About 3 years of Trump slump killed off a number of gun related businesses. The one I worked for included.

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,338 Posts
Rang my Gun Guy today, I want to buy some sub sonic .22 ammo. Now Winchester Australia is advertising a Hollow point. So I asked my gun guy if he had it in stock and he does. Great ,so I ask him I want to try it before I lash out and buy several thousand rounds as it's for work. He tells me without any hesitation that it's $10.00 per box as in 50 rounds but as I don't pay tax on it I get it for 6 bucks a box!!!!! Sweet Baby Jesus 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much did you say Des? He laughed and asked me when did I last buy a single box of .22 ammo? His right I normally buy it by the 5000 round carton! I reckon the last time I brought 50 rounds it was about $3.00 and that would have to be 10 yrs ago! His going to give me a box to try out (thank goodness)

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
Rang my Gun Guy today, I want to buy some sub sonic .22 ammo. Now Winchester Australia is advertising a Hollow point. So I asked my gun guy if he had it in stock and he does. Great ,so I ask him I want to try it before I lash out and buy several thousand rounds as it's for work. He tells me without any hesitation that it's $10.00 per box as in 50 rounds but as I don't pay tax on it I get it for 6 bucks a box!!!!! Sweet Baby Jesus 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱 😱!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much did you say Des? He laughed and asked me when did I last buy a single box of .22 ammo? His right I normally buy it by the 5000 round carton! I reckon the last time I brought 50 rounds it was about $3.00 and that would have to be 10 yrs ago! His going to give me a box to try out (thank goodness)
A sad state of affairs ain’t it?!?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
My wife an i thought we would check walmart just for sh!ts an giggels, low an behold, shelf full of Federal bulk (325rd) boxes of MATCH ammo! We were only allowed one box each. Hell yeah we bought it! It was $18 dollars a box. I hate walmart because they went woke, but with us only buying a couple boxes of 22 rimfire, i highly doubt we made walmart millionaires over it. Looked like they had about 2 cases of it behind the glass. They also had 17HMR, 22 magnum as well. Bunch of other center fire hunting rifle rounds too. Lots of 12ga loads. While its a good sign, the local mom & pop gun stores ain`t got sh!t for ammo, so we figured if we were going to be able to shoot our 22`s, we better suck it up and swallow our pride a little. Soon as the mom & pop gun shops start filling their store shelves again, walmart won`t be getting any more money from us.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Wife an i will be on the road most of the day. Oh yes, we WILL BE stopping at all the gun stores. I`m pretty sure there will be things to buy. Maybe some more AMMO?!?!?!
Griddler you and the Mrs. enjoy the day and good luck in your quest.

·
Low speed High drag
2,250 Posts
Hudson Valley Shooting Sports is also in Carmel. It has ammo and an indoor range. There is also Blue Mountain Sportsmans center...nice outdoor range... that hosts some great instructors and classes...except the Stretz Tactical Inc....(save your money skip his classes)..... Blue line is also a good shop with indoor Shooting range.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Precision Firearms in Carmel NY should have plenty of ammo for you if yall are out that way.
Thats about a 5+hr drive one way for me, lol, but thank you very much for posting that. Might be some other folks in here that can take you up on it for sure. :)

Reactions: Old Bloke

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Found powder, picked it up. CFE223
Since i`ve been using CFE223 lately for the past year or more, its been my go to ever since. Works really good in my 22cal bolt guns.

561 - 580 of 588 Posts