Glock Firearms banner
541 - 560 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just got an e-mail alert from targetsportsusa saying they have had a great restocking. If anyone is so desperate for 9mm ammo, they say they will sell you some for 40 cents plus a round. I'm not interested. I've got plenty and not buying until 9mm rounds are back down to 20 cents a round or less. In the mean time I'll just keep shooting my 5.5 cents a round .22lr in my Glock 44.

But if anyone is desperate, might go look there.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I couldn't believe this price and it's in stock,dont need any as I just finished loading 500 rounds of 124 gr.
View attachment 252484

REMINGTON 9MM 115GRN FMJ AMMUNITION50RDS: $21.95

Way too expensive. Currently $15 - $19 a box for 9mm fmj. I think we’ll settle somewhere in the middle of that range when this crunch is all over. A bit cheaper if loose bulk. But I’ve finally accepted the fact that the days of $10 - $12 boxes of 9mm are pretty much gone.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Way too expensive. Currently $15 - $19 a box for 9mm fmj. I think we’ll settle somewhere in the middle of that range when this crunch is all over. A bit cheaper if loose bulk. But I’ve finally accepted the fact that the days of $10 - $12 boxes of 9mm are pretty much gone.
I haven't accepted it. Once the backlog is filled, there will be such an overcapacity of ammo production that the manufacturers will drop prices to try to sell all of their production. Additional capacity being currently brought on line is expensive and all of that capital will have to be paid for. I expect to see prices back to pre-covid prices and maybe even lower. There is not much alternative use for excess ammunition other than maybe boat anchors.

I think you will be able to buy used guns at great prices as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven't accepted it. Once the backlog is filled, there will be such an overcapacity of ammo production that the manufacturers will drop prices to try to sell all of their production. Additional capacity being currently brought on line is expensive and all of that capital will have to be paid for. I expect to see prices back to pre-covid prices and maybe even lower. There is not much alternative use for excess ammunition other than maybe boat anchors.

I hope so. I’m done with this. Longest crunch I’ve ever experienced.

I think on the PD ammo, 45 acp was always more expensive than 9mm so I can see that. I also heard, not from him, that Glock pushed and sweeten the deal on the G45’s. I’m sure most officers won’t miss their 21’s. It is a pretty big weapon for the non gun enthusiast who has to carry it almost every day.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts

I will have to politely disagree about seeing pre-covid prices ever again. Its not a secret that the manufacturer's have already announced a 15 to 20% price increase. The writing was on the wall when they were seeing what people were willing to pay. Look at gunbroken dot com, i`ve seen people pay $600 for 1,000 primers at its worst times. It has since settled down a bit. Some people have finally started pumping the brakes. I for one, would find another hobby before i would pay these kinds high prices.

I do agree, that the prices will come down a little bit more, and there will be some places that stacked it deep, will have some sales to unload a little bit of unwanted stock for sure. But the majority will not sell below what they paid for it. You can`t keep the doors open with continuous profit losses. The biggest problem right now, is gougers capitalizing on people who are still panicking. Stupid knows no bounds. People just need to stop paying these ridiculous prices, because that just drives the demand even more. Greed is ahead of the game, and there are still alot of dumb players still getting sucked into the game. I learned back during the clinton years, stack it deep, and expect it to happen during every election cycle. Fortunately, i`m a very old reloader, so i`m all set. I saw the signs MANY decades ago.

As for guns & gun prices, yes, there will be those first time gun buyers that will feel safe again some day. There will be deals to be had when they come out of their safe caves. How many of those first time gun buyers even know what the gun laws are, or what the second amendment means. Hell half of them don`t even know what the constitution is, or the bill of rights for that matter, so dumping a gun is no big deal to them that they have no use for. How many of those first time guns will be sold to unknown people on the streets illegally. Anyway, that`s my thoughts and opinion on the guns & ammo subject.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Griddler

I think you are correct, prices have leveled off in the past but back in the late 70"s primers were 4.99 a K and prior to the Wu Flu they were 40.00 a K and with all the past primer shortages they never went down and never will.
When primers were on sale or free haz mat shipping, whether or not I needed them I bought them, always.

·
Registered
892 Posts
We will see a jump in prices soon. They might go a little lower. We're one event away from pandemonium again.

Spend your money with the GOA, or FPC. they're fighting in the courts 7 days a week. The NRA? Haven't heard much from them lately.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We will see a jump in prices soon. They might go a little lower. We're one event away from pandemonium again.

Spend your money with the GOA, or FPC. they're fighting in the courts 7 days a week. The NRA? Haven't heard much from them lately.
Jeez, could that “one event” be the day (very soon) number one steps down and number two moves up?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I will have to politely disagree about seeing pre-covid prices ever again. Its not a secret that the manufacturer's have already announced a 15 to 20% price increase. The writing was on the wall when they were seeing what people were willing to pay. Look at gunbroken dot com, i`ve seen people pay $600 for 1,000 primers at its worst times. It has since settled down a bit. Some people have finally started pumping the brakes. I for one, would find another hobby before i would pay these kinds high prices.

I do agree, that the prices will come down a little bit more, and there will be some places that stacked it deep, will have some sales to unload a little bit of unwanted stock for sure. But the majority will not sell below what they paid for it. You can`t keep the doors open with continuous profit losses.
I did not say retailers would sell below what they paid for it, although that happens sometimes too. But what I said was...

"Once the backlog is filled, there will be such an overcapacity of ammo production that the manufacturers will drop prices to try to sell all of their production."

When the manufacturers drop their prices, then the retailers will drop their prices as well.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I did not say retailers would sell below what they paid for it, although that happens sometimes too. But what I said was...

"Once the backlog is filled, there will be such an overcapacity of ammo production that the manufacturers will drop prices to try to sell all of their production."

When the manufacturers drop their prices, then the retailers will drop their prices as well.
I think you might have misunderstood what i meant. I dont think i said that you said that, i was just giving "my" own opinion on the subject. I was just mainly disagreeing with your comment about the "pre-covid prices" and thinking they would come back to that, or lower. They most likely wont, because the 15 to 20% price increase from manufactures gets passed all the way down to the consumer. Now, if a retail store wants to sell at pre-covid prices, GREAT! I`ll buy at that former price all day long. But so wont everybody else, and once its gone, and 15 to 20% hits the retail stores, ain`t nobody going to sell at pre-covid prices, nobody. Pre-covid prices would just continue the demand for more at that price, and eventually, that gate will close. Even the big box stores won`t be able to afford to just toss ammo on the shelves without a profit. Anyone selling at pre-covid prices are losing money, i guarantee it, if they are, that profit margin won`t even come into play.

Lots of new gun owners, lots of new people shooting alot of ammo, throw in a demOvirus, lockdowns for over a year, people sick during flu season, riots, everything in the world with supplies shut down. The whole world shut down. It interrupted the whole chain.

Tell me a time where we`ve ever had anything like this ever happen before, in OUR lifetimes, especially during an election year. There`s the ammo problem right there. People scared, causes greediness. And we haven`t even seen the gorilla warfare start up yet.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'm not sure what you can do about it, but isn't the whole issue of increasing the price of ammo playing into the Government's hands?
Surely any sustained increase in ammo prices will discourage a lot of people from continuing with their shooting and also discourage new shooters.
Or, is this the plan??

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
617 Posts
Wow, nice for those who can get it! Unfortunately, i live in NewYorkistan, the state of communistic rule, so no ammo will be able to be shipped to my door.
Where in NY do you live?
I live next to Washington County

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Where in NY do you live?
I live next to Washington County
Hi Firedog
I live in Schuyler County in the Finger Lakes Region, East side of Seneca Lake (Near Watkins Glen NY)

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I'm not sure what you can do about it, but isn't the whole issue of increasing the price of ammo playing into the Government's hands?
Surely any sustained increase in ammo prices will discourage a lot of people from continuing with their shooting and also discourage new shooters.
Or, is this the plan??
eltell,
Any way the government can discourage firearms owners is their agenda. They only do it because it makes their voter base feel better.
We lost 93,000+ people last year to drug overdoses, but gun control gets voters attention far bigger than people who die of overdoses.

As for the ammo situation, that is driven by wants/needs. If you need or want it, they control the suck button. You pay the price, or, you dont.
New shooters just trying to stock up, get familiar with their new found freedom firepipe, shoots lots of ammo, discovers its actually fun, goes and buys tons more ammo.

THEN, you have long time gun owners, that buy it even if they dont need it, because they think they might need it. The fear of not being able to get more, is driving people to insanity.
I know tons of competition shooters that can go through 25,000 rounds EASILY in a season, and not think twice. But the majority of those shooters, reload their own ammo.

Now take into consideration, RELOADERS, they sucked all the components up just to have them on hand.
I saw those signs back when the clinton`s ran the DC mafia. I didnt take it lightly, and never have, since.

Shortages of EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE across the ammo food chain.
People just need to settle down, and let this evil session pass. My wife an i reload, it has made us shoot alot less in the last year.

Once the panic has burned itself out, hopefully people will come back to their senses. BUT, we DO HAVE, idiots running the country now. All bets are off!
My feelings tell me, that these politicians saw how good their lockdown worked... my gut tells me that they will do it again this coming flu season, because they got away with it last time.

America doesn`t have a gun problem, America has a politician problem.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
Or, is this the plan??
Since I’ve become voting age and a gun owner, I’ve noticed Democrats demagogue the latest gun crisis. This causes concern by gun owners and prospective gun owners spurning panic buying. Usually we experience temporary price increases around voting time but more and more the Democrats thump their chests over their grand plans. The gun and ammo droughts seem to be lasting longer and effect more sectors of the gun industry. The last year and a half have been unlike any in my lifetime, imagine most everyone else’s too.
So I don’t believe the Democrats/Government had these shortages as a preconceived plan. Look at our National background check system, more guns have been transferred this last year than any on record.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Since I’ve become voting age and a gun owner, I’ve noticed Democrats demagogue the latest gun crisis. This causes concern by gun owners and prospective gun owners spurning panic buying. Usually we experience temporary price increases around voting time but more and more the Democrats thump their chests over their grand plans. The gun and ammo droughts seem to be lasting longer and effect more sectors of the gun industry. The last year and a half have been unlike any in my lifetime, imagine most everyone else’s too.
So I don’t believe the Democrats/Government had these shortages as a preconceived plan. Look at our National background check system, more guns have been transferred this last year than any on record.
Spot on correct! I agree!
In all of my 70+yrs, i`ve never seen nothing on this level ever before in my lifetime.

541 - 560 of 588 Posts