Glock Firearms banner
521 - 540 of 588 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
In the county I live,they charge a nickel a bullet tax on top of these crazy prices.I have not bought a bullet In My county for 25 years.being a member of a internet ammo business, I usually buy from them exclusively and the ammo is dropped at my door with free shipping.what I am getting at is I now see for example 124g 9mm brass 50 count for $20 to my door.all of a sudden popular calibers are darn near half the price with the inventory holding for several days.I see this as a good sign.What do you think?

·
Registered
696 Posts
In the county I live,they charge a nickel a bullet tax on top of these crazy prices.I have not bought a bullet In My county for 25 years.being a member of a internet ammo business, I usually buy from them exclusively and the ammo is dropped at my door with free shipping.what I am getting at is I now see for example 124g 9mm brass 50 count for $20 to my door.all of a sudden popular calibers are darn near half the price with the inventory holding for several days.I see this as a good sign.What do you think?
I haven't seen that price just yet, but they are going down, almost daily. They may be there for us, but I haven't bothered looking is a couple of weeks.
Yes that is a very good sign. Production is beginning to make gains on demand.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,745 Posts
I’m thinking without the riots people aren’t panic buying. Every ammo manufacturer has been going full tilt with production for months. Previously untapped ammo sources are being imported. Some new domestic ammo producers have come on line. Demand is starting to be met.
A box of 9mm brass that was around $10 pre-Covid, has been going for around $30 for about a year. At some retailers I saw that same box going for $50. Lately the lowest I see is $17.99.
The longer the shelves stay stocked the lower the prices will go.
We’ll see where we end up. Hoping for the best.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m over in SE Florida. Lately too many people living here and the two things I do not look forward to are getting in to see a new doctor and buying ammo! For the past several weeks I’ve been going on ammo hunts 3x a week on different days, usually in the morning. Mostly looking for 9mm FMJ and anything in the unicorn 6.5 Grendel. Luckily I’m good on .556. The only scores I’ve had were for friends which were a 5 box limit of .22 mag @ $16/50 at Bass Pro and two boxes of Federal 30-30 @ $17/20 at Walmart. Other than the 80-60 cents a rd at the mom & pop stores I have not seen 9mm FMJ on the shelves in any of the big retailers here in over a year!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I finally scored on some 9mm at my local Bass Pro today. This after twelve trips prior, striking out every single time.

I arrived there around 10:15 am instead of my usual 9:15 am. I was the only customer in the gun dept and shortly after another guy came in looking for ammo too. Guy behind the counter told us a truck just arrived and soon they would be bringing ammo out. Sure enough the guy behind me proceeds to make at least eight phone calls. But hey, the buddy system is fair game.

The crazy thing is at least 70% of all the 9mm on that truck were 500 rd cases of Winchester white box which is in recall so they could not sell it to us! They actually handed a case to me but it would not ring out at the register up front. What a tease. So instead I walked out with my five box limit of Armscor 9mm 115 gr FMJ @ $14.99/50. Still grateful after all those wasted trips that I was finally able to score some 9mm.

So with their five box limit and eight box limit for Bass Pro charge card holders, minus the recalled Winchester, they probably had enough ammo for a dozen people if that. Sad.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I finally scored on some 9mm at my local Bass Pro today. This after twelve trips prior, striking out every single time.

I arrived there around 10:15 am instead of my usual 9:15 am. I was the only customer in the gun dept and shortly after another guy came in looking for ammo too. Guy behind the counter told us a truck just arrived and soon they would be bringing ammo out. Sure enough the guy behind me proceeds to make at least eight phone calls. But hey, the buddy system is fair game.

The crazy thing is at least 70% of all the 9mm on that truck were 500 rd cases of Winchester white box which is in recall so they could not sell it to us! They actually handed a case to me but it would not ring out at the register up front. What a tease. So instead I walked out with my five box limit of Armscor 9mm 115 gr FMJ @ $14.99/50. Still grateful after all those wasted trips that I was finally able to score some 9mm.

So with their five box limit and eight box limit for Bass Pro charge card holders, minus the recalled Winchester, they probably had enough ammo for a dozen people if that. Sad.
That recall was issued almost a month ago. I guess I'm really surprised that the suspect ammo has not been screened and eliminated from the supply chain by now. Can't believe it is still potentially getting out to the retail stores. That stuff is potentially dangerous and it sure seems risky to leave that up to store personnel to get it out of circulation. Surely they warehouse knew it could not be sold so why the heck would they put it on a truck to the stores in the first place ? Looks like a major lawsuit just waiting to happen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
That recall was issued almost a month ago. I guess I'm really surprised that the suspect ammo has not been screened and eliminated from the supply chain by now. Can't believe it is still potentially getting out to the retail stores. That stuff is potentially dangerous and it sure seems risky to leave that up to store personnel to get it out of circulation. Surely they warehouse knew it could not be sold so why the heck would they put it on a truck to the stores in the first place ? Looks like a major lawsuit just waiting to happen.
Thats what I thought? I figured by this point it would be all safe to go on new shipments. Reason why I was surprised when I was flagged at the register. I’m thinking it was fine but they were being overly cautious. The system basically flagged all Winchester white box ammo, not any particular lot number. At least from what I saw.

521 - 540 of 588 Posts