Glock Firearms banner

461 - 480 of 503 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,976 Posts
I would dare say a large majority are in that situation and then there are those who would rather just shove their heads deeper in the sand.
Well. Really it’s the middle of America that has the most deplorables. They might just nuke us and the coasts should be happy.

...but there’s that Florida that seems to keep voting wrongly.

·
Super Moderator
72,675 Posts
I was able to find ammo at academy today. Visited a couple stores after they opened just to see if they had anything left. To my surprise they did. I was able to buy 9 boxes of 9mm.
Good score Tom.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I think ample ammunition on store sleeves is going to take longer than many think, however Uncle Sam is going to get his.

Federal Awarded 5.56mm NATO Service and Training Ammunition Contract for the DOJ & FBI

Federal has landed a new contract with the Department of Justice (DOJ) – Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The contract will run for 5 years and is described as a multiple-award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity for Federal’s 5.56mm NATO Service and Training, Reduced-Lead Ammunition.

ANOKA, Minnesota – January, 2021 – The Department of Justice (DOJ) – Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has selected Vista Outdoor’s Federal Ammunition brand as the primary awardee for their 5.56mm NATO Service and Training, Reduced-Lead Ammunition. This multiple-award, Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity contract is for an ordering period totaling five years with product delivery beginning in April of 2021.

“Federal continues to be honored that the most trusted law enforcement agencies both domestically and internationally continue to believe and value the products we make,” said Federal’s President Jason Vanderbrink. “It’s a solid validation of the technology and performance found in every round of ammunition made by our highly skilled American workforce.”

The FBI is the federal government’s principal agency responsible for investigating violations of more than 260 Federal statutes. For this award, they selected a service round utilizing Federal Ammunition’s tactical bonded technology. The Tactical Bonded line is a trusted partner for some of the most intense conditions. Made exclusively for law enforcement, it achieves reliability, terminal performance, and accuracy paramount to the survival of special agents and others in the face of violent confrontation.

“This is a very prestigious award and substantiates Federal’s reputation as the manufacturer of the market’s most advanced rifle ammunition. From service to training, Federal offers the best rifle rounds for supporting the specified mission,” said David Leis, Federal’s VP of Law Enforcement, Government and International Sales. “The training round selected is designed with one of the most accurate bullets in the market. The cartridge is configured to replicate duty performance, so agents’ training experiences are authentic to their duty expectations.”

Federal ammunition can be found at dealers nationwide or purchased online direct from Federal. For more information on all products from Federal or to shop online, visit www.federalpremium.com.

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
I think ample ammunition on store sleeves is going to take longer than many think, however Uncle Sam is going to get his.

Federal Awarded 5.56mm NATO Service and Training Ammunition Contract for the DOJ & FBI

View attachment 240480

Federal has landed a new contract with the Department of Justice (DOJ) – Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The contract will run for 5 years and is described as a multiple-award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity for Federal’s 5.56mm NATO Service and Training, Reduced-Lead Ammunition.

ANOKA, Minnesota – January, 2021 – The Department of Justice (DOJ) – Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has selected Vista Outdoor’s Federal Ammunition brand as the primary awardee for their 5.56mm NATO Service and Training, Reduced-Lead Ammunition. This multiple-award, Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity contract is for an ordering period totaling five years with product delivery beginning in April of 2021.

“Federal continues to be honored that the most trusted law enforcement agencies both domestically and internationally continue to believe and value the products we make,” said Federal’s President Jason Vanderbrink. “It’s a solid validation of the technology and performance found in every round of ammunition made by our highly skilled American workforce.”

The FBI is the federal government’s principal agency responsible for investigating violations of more than 260 Federal statutes. For this award, they selected a service round utilizing Federal Ammunition’s tactical bonded technology. The Tactical Bonded line is a trusted partner for some of the most intense conditions. Made exclusively for law enforcement, it achieves reliability, terminal performance, and accuracy paramount to the survival of special agents and others in the face of violent confrontation.

“This is a very prestigious award and substantiates Federal’s reputation as the manufacturer of the market’s most advanced rifle ammunition. From service to training, Federal offers the best rifle rounds for supporting the specified mission,” said David Leis, Federal’s VP of Law Enforcement, Government and International Sales. “The training round selected is designed with one of the most accurate bullets in the market. The cartridge is configured to replicate duty performance, so agents’ training experiences are authentic to their duty expectations.”

Federal ammunition can be found at dealers nationwide or purchased online direct from Federal. For more information on all products from Federal or to shop online, visit www.federalpremium.com.
Well being that WE THE PEOPLE are paying the tab on this, their spreading of the wealth dosent seem to be working very well.

Yeahhhhhhh, love this part of their statement.
"Made exclusively for law enforcement, it achieves reliability, terminal performance, and accuracy paramount to the survival of special agents and others in the face of violent confrontation."

What about the people, dont they deserve the same equivalent type of ammo?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,976 Posts
Well being that WE THE PEOPLE are paying the tab on this, their spreading of the wealth dosent seem to be working very well.

Yeahhhhhhh, love this part of their statement.
"Made exclusively for law enforcement, it achieves reliability, terminal performance, and accuracy paramount to the survival of special agents and others in the face of violent confrontation."

What about the people, dont they deserve the same equivalent type of ammo?
Some of that is marketing. Win on race day, sell on Monday type of thing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Every ammo company has a contract with some pocket in Uncle Sugar's garment. Be it .mil, .doj, .what ever.
Federal just got theirs renewed. Don't get too antsy over an ongoing contract renewal.

Reactions: Danzig and jhg

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #476 ·
Looks to me that prices are still on the up swing. And what's up with 380?can't find it anywhere and if you do prepare to pay a buck a round.I threw in the towel about a month ago.I have what I have and I will have to stretch it.I just don't have the disposable income anymore to pay these prices.my local shop is charging 50 for a box of 9 fmj and I'm sure making good money but the range traffic and income from it is down.

461 - 480 of 503 Posts