Glock Firearms banner

441 - 460 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
At Walmart today. I’ve never seen this. Even their shotgun birdshot ammo was cleaned out.:eek: View attachment 237185
Looks like ours. The fishing aisle took a huge hit early on, but seems to be better stocked now. It still fluctuates heavily. Close to a lake and the folks there said they had a hard time getting inventory at times. If you think you will need it, and see it, you better get it, at least for now.

·
Gunslinger
9,260 Posts
Russian 762x39, which is the best? What was it selling for pre-crisis? I am seeing some advertised but nothing in stock. Is Red Army Standard any good?

Reactions: wrpNYFL

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,939 Posts
Russian 762x39, which is the best? What was it selling for pre-crisis? I am seeing some advertised but nothing in stock. Is Red Army Standard any good?
Pre-Covid was $240 case of a 1000 steel case. Most people including myself run steel in AK based guns. Brass cased was usually prohibitively expensive.
Red Army Standard is steel cased import. 7.62x39 has gone up a bit but not as bad as AR or 9mm. That’s probably going to change though. If you think you’ll need it get it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
From what I’ve heard, Red army standard is pretty good. Pre wu-flu price was less than .30 per round. Keep in mind I’ve only owned that caliber for the past month but I’ve been able to find monarch at academy for 6.99 a box of 20

·
Registered
527 Posts
RAS is relabeled Golden Tiger. It is average ammo with a rabid following, or was. They had problems, and I guess enough for Century to pick up the contract and relabel.
I hear they are OK, but never liked the GT, and figure I won't care for the RAS that has had it's own bumps.
Wolf, Tula (I know everyone loves to hate it, but haven't had any sort of complaints with any I've tried), are tried and true.
PPU has been marketing a M67 round. I don't believe it performs like the Yugo M67, but haven't seen any reviews.
AK47 Operators Union did some reviews on ammo. Bear took the gold, silver and bronze medal, IIRC. They measured velocity, SD, extreme spread, and accuracy. The made sure to note it was out of "this" rifle. Pretty good comparisons, and none were terminal performance.
Pre Covid prices were $189 per 1000, and then some sales were around.

·
Gunslinger
9,260 Posts
RAS is relabeled Golden Tiger. It is average ammo with a rabid following, or was. They had problems, and I guess enough for Century to pick up the contract and relabel.
I hear they are OK, but never liked the GT, and figure I won't care for the RAS that has had it's own bumps.
Wolf, Tula (I know everyone loves to hate it, but haven't had any sort of complaints with any I've tried), are tried and true.
PPU has been marketing a M67 round. I don't believe it performs like the Yugo M67, but haven't seen any reviews.
AK47 Operators Union did some reviews on ammo. Bear took the gold, silver and bronze medal, IIRC. They measured velocity, SD, extreme spread, and accuracy. The made sure to note it was out of "this" rifle. Pretty good comparisons, and none were terminal performance.
Pre Covid prices were $189 per 1000, and then some sales were around.
Thanks.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Remember, that was then, and this is now. For plinking, someone said they found Monarch at Academy for a decent price. Monarch is Barnaul produced, and well regarded in the AK world.
IF you find Tula or ULY 8M3, 154 grain SP, or Yugo M67, buy it. They are probably the best we can ask for in post ban ammo for terminal performance. We don't get the good stuff very often any more. They may be arguably some of the best anyway.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Here is you a little something to chew on jhg. I like Andrew's reviews.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Here is some more:

·
Legitimate Combatant
3,248 Posts
Seen lots of ammo @ a gun show.
Pricing was crazy, people buying 1000 round cases of 9mm for $735
556 was abought a dollar a round, some cases for $850
Even 7.62x39 is very much on the climb too.
I buy 1-50 round box every trip I make, it happened to be 45ACP @ $38 this time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I stumbled upon some 7.62x39 today at a LGS i haven’t been to before. $8 a box. Not too terrible considering the current conditions. I may have to go back tomorrow to get more if they still have some left.

·
Gunslinger
9,260 Posts
Recoil Gunworks has been one of my go to sites. However, they are currently listing PD trade 223 ammo for $.90 ppr. Not happy with them right now. My other go to sites are sold out of pretty much all guns and ammo. Everybody seems to be preparing for a shoot out. I sure hope it never comes to that.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Recoil Gunworks has been one of my go to sites. However, they are currently listing PD trade 223 ammo for $.90 ppr. Not happy with them right now. My other go to sites are sold out of pretty much all guns and ammo. Everybody seems to be preparing for a shoot out. I sure hope it never comes to that.
Unfortunately, that is about the going rate right now, if you can find it. There are some places that still sell for a reasonable price, about double what it was a year ago though. They are swing till you win. Get there when they open and see what they have. It won't last long.
We don't have a LGS type place here that does much turn over. Some in the larger towns, but they are along way to play that game.

Reactions: SJ 40

·
Gunslinger
9,260 Posts
One of my caregivers is a widow in her seventies who lives in a mobile home. She has very little money and no guns, ammo or supplies. She asked me if something was going to happen in this country and what she should do to prepare. I was at a loss as to what to tell her. It made me wonder though how many people are in that same situation. I told her to lay in a little extra food. It's about all she can do at this point.

·
Super Moderator
71,099 Posts
This is true jhg but it is never to late to start preparing for natural or manmade disasters.
I have a friend, she is 71 years old and has been prepping for many years. She has enough food, water and fuel to last her family of 9 for 15 years. I keep telling her that if SHTF, my wife and I will make her a family of 13. She just smiles and says, come on over. I love her.

·
Registered
990 Posts
One of my caregivers is a widow in her seventies who lives in a mobile home. She has very little money and no guns, ammo or supplies. She asked me if something was going to happen in this country and what she should do to prepare. I was at a loss as to what to tell her. It made me wonder though how many people are in that same situation. I told her to lay in a little extra food. It's about all she can do at this point.
I would dare say a large majority are in that situation and then there are those who would rather just shove their heads deeper in the sand.

Reactions: jhg and Danzig
441 - 460 of 477 Posts