Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Defendandprotect32, Oct 22, 2020.

1. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I have been eyeballing those same guns. Like you I am tempted, but I have a bunch of Glocks and can't justify spending the dollars on another one. I also can't get over the fact that those sold in the low three hundreds not so very long ago.

2. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

central Pa
    Exactly...I bought my 1st Model 22 for $269 in February and the 2nd model in March for $299. Both are exceptionally clean guns and were taken care of.. I am very pleased with the stuff I got from Recoil.

3. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Recoil usually has good prices. Unfortunately since the crisis began they have started price gouging like everyone else. Just pretty much impossible to get a bargain these days. If prices ever come back to where they were about a year a go I will start buying again. I don't know why I want so many guns, I can only shoot one at a time. LOL. It will all come down to shooting one or two that I like the most and the rest will become closet queens.

4. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
    I’ve been thinning the herd. I don’t need as much Guns as I got.
    ...and not a bad time to do it!:cool:

jhg, SJ 40, Olga17 and 3 others like this.
  5. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member Supporter

I also have the disease.lol.

jhg, SJ 40, Olga17 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Defendandprotect32

Many people are thinning the herd on ammo and guns and making money on their initial investment.this is a good time.I just can't bring myself to sell one of my guns,its a personnel problem.

jhg, 3404speed and Danzig like this.
  7. Pat Harmon

central Pa
    You mean you are supposed to sell off you extra firearms and not buy another gun safe as they fill up? I'd have never guessed...lol

Lucian_253, jhg, 3404speed and 2 others like this.
  8. Danzig

Texas
    At times I bought guns just cause they piqued my interest. I bought a bunch of pistols doing that. Some I didn’t really care for but mostly I have others I liked a lot more.

jhg, 34MOS, 3404speed and 1 other person like this.
  9. Defendandprotect32

I have a few I would not miss but how many times have I heard or read "I wish I would have not sold that one" I am not high end and anything under under a thousand is not going to give me a better quality of life.I have a couple I wish would disappear but I will not sell them.

jhg, 34MOS, 3404speed and 1 other person like this.
  10. 34MOS

34MOS Well-Known Member Supporter

So true, keep thinking about selling the 50ae titanium gold. Still not sure why I bought it.

Defendandprotect32, jhg and Danzig like this.
  11. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

Don't most ou us.

12. Danzig

Texas
    Funny...my buddy at another gun store called me up asking if I was interested in a Desert Eagle a few years ago. I told him I wouldn’t have one, overpriced and unreliable not to mention the cost of ammo. He told me the price. I said, I’ll be right over!
    It’s part of my Shock & Awe collection.:D

13. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I have the same problem. I still have most of the guns I have ever bought. I have never sold any ammo. I would have to need the money really bad. Although like Danzig I have way more than I need.

Defendandprotect32, SJ 40 and Danzig like this.
  14. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

Did I mention I wish I hadn't bought a G48. Never shot it. I did a straight trade for a 43X that had 10rds through it. Only 1 mag had powder residue on the follower.

15. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I have never had a 48 but I really like the feel of my 43X. Haven't shot it yet though. A lot of folks seem to like them.

Defendandprotect32, j102 and SJ 40 like this.
  16. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I buy ammo whenever I find a bargain. Obviously I am not buying any lately. LOL. I really thought I was overdoing it but now I wish I had bought more.

17. Pat Harmon

central Pa
    Honestly, I would keep my 43x over all the rest. It shoots the best for me. And it's easy to carry.

18. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Anyone familiar with 9mm Largo? I subscribed to a magazine called Shotgun News for several years. They had a few articles but mostly it was for classified ads. I bought several guns from those ads. Mostly they offered military and police surplus guns. I bought a number of guns from them which were high quality and not expensive. A couple of the handguns are chambered in 9mm Largo. I could also get that ammo through them. There was a lot of cheap military surplus ammo available but it was all corrosive. There was some non-corrosive stuff available but it was expensive and difficult to find. Needless to say I haven't shot them much. I would use them as a last ditch though. I still have a limited supply of 9mm Largo ammo in both corrosive and non-corrosive. I may buy more if I can find it cheap. I also bought several long guns and a shotgun through Shotgun News. I think I will subscribe to it again.

Defendandprotect32, SJ 40 and Danzig like this.
  19. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Update. Shotgun News is now called Firearms News. It now carries more articles. There is also a web version.

j102, SJ 40 and Danzig like this.
  20. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

For target ammo I like WWB, S&B and Fiocchi. Haven't tried much else. For CCW and HD I like HSTs and Gold Dots. I did pick up some WWB 45acp hollow points. Paul Harrel was impressed with their performance during one of his ammo tests.

Defendandprotect32, SJ 40 and 34MOS like this.