Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by jebarlow, May 6, 2012.

1. jebarlow

jebarlow New Member

My glock 21 shoots just to the right and drops sometims too. I have learned to adjust to it but wonder if this could be poor ammo too. What have you found to be some of the best ammo? Most of t

2. jebarlow

jebarlow New Member

Most of the time I am just pushing holes through paper. Then what is the best home defense ammo?

3. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

There's really no way of defining the "best" carry ammo. It all depends on what you're looking for. Are you looking for deep or shallow penetration? High or low velocity? Does recoil bother you? What about muzzle flash? How much are you willing to spend? Are you particular to a certain type of bullet (Golden Sabre, HydraShok, Critical Defense, Guard Dog, etc...)?

These are all things you have to ask yourself when looking for the ammunition that suits your tastes the best.

However, with that being said, when I had my .45, I carried Speer 200 gr. +P Gold Dot.

4. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

I am not so sure it is the gun that is inaccurate. If it shoots right some times and down some times as well, it sounds like you need to work on your grip (assuming you are a right handed shot) you are pulling it to the right; when it shoots low it sounds like you have developed a flinch and are anticipating the recoil. This means right before the trigger breaks you are pushing forward with your right hand causing the muzzle to drop.

As for for SD ammo, check out tnoutdoors9 on youtube. He has a lot of great ammo reviews.

5. Perfectly said! It's not the gun