Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I've fired ammunition that was reloaded over 40 years ago and it all went bang, store in a cool dry place is all that is required.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been in this game for a very long time and I have come to realize that ammo is not a fragile thing. I am sure that there are some scientist that can offer up the existence of measurable forces which may change depending on the orientation of a cartridge in a box but you know what?.. I sure aint worrying about it.

I feel that reasonable efforts should be taken to store ammo in a way that protects from extreme temps, moisture and unauthorized access but thats about it.

As far as I am concerned, bullet orientation aint on the punch list of considerations.

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
Above the equator, store bullet down, below the equator, store bullet up. Otherwise Northern Hemisphere ammo will shoot low left, and Southern Hemisphere will shoot high right. All my rounds are stored loose facing every which way in a gun bag so they always shoot to POA no matter where I am

·
Registered
123 Posts
Above the equator, store bullet down, below the equator, store bullet up. Otherwise Northern Hemisphere ammo will shoot low left, and Southern Hemisphere will shoot high right. All my rounds are stored loose facing every which way in a gun bag so they always shoot to POA no matter where I am
I think you are just making that up !

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree. lol

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,807 Posts
I think you are just making that up !
I agree. lol
I Reckon there might be something in Six's theory! I always consult an Gypsy fortune teller about how to carry my ammo! Some of my shots are legendary! I just wish I had witnesses around when I took em! Problem is when I have people round me it seems to affect the accuracy of my ammo! 😁

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Helter Skelter storage has always been my favorite, they go from the collection bin on the loader into screw top container that are going to be used frequently or in 7.62 or 50 cal. cans,they get labeled and stacked where I store my ammo which is cool,dark and dry.

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,059 Posts
Helter Skelter storage has always been my favorite, they go from the collection bin on the loader into screw top container that are going to be used frequently or in 7.62 or 50 cal. cans,they get labeled and stacked where I store my ammo which is cool,dark and dry.
Those 50 cal ammo cans get heavy.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Those 50 cal ammo cans get heavy.
Bingo,that's why lately I've switched to 7.62 but fill one of them with 40 S&W and it's still damn heavy, thirty years ago it didn't feel that heavy.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts