Ammo stash

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by xxlrg, Mar 26, 2012.

1. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

How much ammo do you keep on hand on a regular basis? What is the threshold for getting low? Let me know how much you think you have for each caliber. Pics would be a bonus. I personally keep 1k of any caliber I regularly shoot. Thats usually my minimal. Ive met some that have bunkers and pallets of ammo but thats too much for me.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. I have about 500 of 5.56, 600 of .40, 150 of 9mm, and a few hundred of .22

I buy when I have extra cash and find good deals, At any time I wont let myself go below 100 of the .40 and 5.56.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I got around 2K of each caliber I own...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  4. Green-Water

Green-Water New Member

Address please? We'll be moving in with you if the poop hits the fan!! :)

5. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Thats why I love this country!!

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I try to keep close to 2k, but funds have been limited lately so I need to resupply soon.

7. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Ditto. I just picked up 1000 of .45 auto from sgammo. I was about 300rds prior to that purchace.

8. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I'm poor, so I keep about 100 rounds of .40 in my ammo box.

9. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Well I think im average then. I would love to have more but dont know where I would put it. I have all mine in ammo cans. .30 cal ammo cans I think. They stack better in the safe. Where do yall store yours?

10. SHOOTER13

Damn, your fast with that quote button !!

I thought that first line might sound too arrogant...so I toned it down a bit.

:D (...but it is the truth !! )

11. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

I keep enough to fill all my mags, plus a box for each. (.380, 9MM, 12 ga. & .45 cal).

I also keep about 2K of assorted rounds in different spots along my bug-out route.

12. SHOOTER13

All of my practice ammo is stacked in .30 cal & .50 cal military cans...the carry ammo is all in clear rectangular tupperware from the dollar store that is also stacked. All of this is then put 3 foot off the ground and out of direct sunlight / heat sources in my finished basement...in a designated ammo storage area...where my two AmSec safes full of guns are. The all steel door to access both the ammo and the guns is locked with a deadbolt that I had four keys made for. I have two, the wife has one, the other is in my safe deposit box at the bank.

13. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Thats what Im talkin bout right there! I want to do something like this!

14. Tape

Tape New Member

so much I think I need another safe. Keeping ammo is more addictive then keeping weapons

15. hawk1212

hawk1212 New Member

I have about 500 round's of 40,45,9mm need more always need more[​IMG]