Glock Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"THIS" has gone on MUCH TOO LONG. I imagine hoarding is a small part BUT one has to assume those that hoarded have ENOUGH by now(?) . Is this some kind of the new biden BULL to discourage gun sales or is it fact that manufacturers are ALL at full production capacity and the stuff just keeps jumping off the shelves?. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but................somethin is amiss.

Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you notice that there was no toilet paper on the shelves for a while too ? People will buy whatever they can get their hands on if there is an appearance of a shortage just in case they need it.

Ammo seems to be becoming slightly more available that it has been, but prices are still pretty ridiculous. 9mm 115 grain at Amazon is about 70 cents a round and before the Chinese virus, riots and Biden hit, it was under 20 cents a round and sometimes 16 cents a round. I've got enough if I don't shoot it at the range a lot so I won't be a buyer at 70 cents a round.

Went a bought a Glock 44 and perfectly happy shooting .22 for a while until 9mm comes down in price. I can still find enough .22 lr to fill my needs at about 5 or 6 cents a round.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Record 4.7M FBI Gun Background Checks in March 2021

www.newsmax.com

Record 4.7M FBI Gun Background Checks in March
A month which saw multiple mass shootings -- including high-profile murders in Georgia and Colorado -- also featured a record number of FBI-conducted background checks for firearm purchases...
www.newsmax.com
www.newsmax.com

This plays a large part of the continuing ammunition shortages as Americans are arming up as never before.

Reactions: Olga17 and Danzig

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,976 Posts
A3B53C21-8E47-4B23-AE71-687E0E99EB3A.jpeg
D48F3F34-0CD7-4546-A4D8-913173CAF8C6.jpeg

Millions of new shooters! That’s a lot of people needing lots of ammo. It’s going to take awhile to catch up to demand. All the ammo companies have/are saying they have millions of dollars of orders that they project up to years to fill.
I’ve been on line at stores and talked to a number of people that got spooked by the BLM/Antifa activities last year and realized only they are going to be able to protect their families. Add to this, all these new gun owners have no base of knowledge as to what ammo and guns should actually cost.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I think this has to do alot as well with new owners. My father told me when he goes down to the local FFL to buy ammo he has been noticing a good amount of first time owners
The one considers 5 million back round checks in March alone and it was estimated that 40 percent were first time purchasers, thats a bunch of ammunition to go with the purchase.

Reactions: Danzig
1 - 8 of 8 Posts