Ammo shipping question

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by dutchs, Jun 23, 2012.

1. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

If a person were to give away Ammo and wanted to ship it to someone anywhere in the United States, does anyone know what restrictions might be on doing that?? Being that it is not a purchase, is it any different than just getting Ammo from say, Cheaper than dirt? Or do you have to be a dealer and have some sort of license?? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Giving away free ammo? Where does the line start, I want in on that! You must have tons if you're giving away a product with financial value.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

No, just something I have no need for now. Sold that caliber gun! Hint, Pay it forward thread.

4. runman

runman New Member

Sorry I know nothing about shipping ammo. Also wish I was smart enough to search and determine what caliber you a ridding yourself of. I'm quite certain you will have no problem finding someone to take it off hour hands though. Good on ya for your generosity and taking care of your forum crew.

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

No need to search, another hint, .380

6. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Shipped UPS ground only as its "hazardous material." I've done my fair share of ammo shipping ;)

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Sweet, Anywhere??

8. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

If you ring up UPS they'll tell you what their service points are, & travel time. Just make sure to tell them what your shipping & a weight. They can probably rate it for you too.

9. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Yea, pretty much anywere as long as it can be shipped ground. Just let the UPS person know and they'll take care of it.

10. Caution if shipping to NJ. Recipients must have a license to purchase/receive ammo, even through the mail.

11. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Shipping handgun ammo to NJ is TABOO, unless it's through a FFL.

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Thank you sir! It ain't going to Jersey.. and neither am I ! HAHAHA:eek::D Great to know though, Don't wanna be a Mutt.

13. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

You'll pay a premium too, because it's a "hazardous material". There's a specific fee for it, on top of the shipping charges. The shipping box also has to have the ORM-D placard/markings on it.

14. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Done, Thanks for the info. guys. BTW, $14.50 to ship one 50 box of .380