Ammo Question

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by downloadman187, May 22, 2012.

1. downloadman187

downloadman187 New Member

Anyone ever shot powr ball though their glock. I haven't taken it to the range yet but it seems like it is really hard to cycle.

image-3107287879.jpg

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

My Glock has never had a problem with anything I put through it. Whit the ball in the tip of the hollowpoint, it seems like this should cycle better than a typical hollowpoint. What exactly is it doing?

3. downloadman187

The first round is real hard to chamber. Like it is almost about to get stuck back...but it does chamber.

I have guard dog ammo, PDX , Gold Dots and Hornady Critical Defense. Never had anything feel like this.

4. 1911aone

1911aone New Member

I've shot 1911s for a few years now and I've discovered that hollow points feed more reliably in 1911s because they're a tad shorter in length. Feeding can be a problem in compact or subcompact guns due to the shorter cycle length. I've never had a problem with pow r ball and I love that ammo. Just ensure you're using good magazines, and the gun Is properly cleaned and lubricated.

5. downloadman187

Point well taken. I think that I have had a harder time trying to cycle it through my g27. It doesn't seem like as much of a problem in my g22. Very smart observation. Thanks