ammo question

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by kulok77, May 13, 2012.

1. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

Walmart has lots of winchester value 100 count boxes.I have heard they put out lesser grade ammo in that platform. It's cheap and I wanted to bulk up my range supply. Any input is needed.

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Never had any problems with it other than being dirty, but when I'm saving $ at the range I'll deal with some extra cleaning later.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I bought the 100 .40 cal HP's no sweat here.

4. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Hi kulok. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you with your question. I'm moving the thread to the Ammo & Reloading question so you can get the answers you need.

5. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

Thanks my phone only let's me start threads but I can't pick where they go. Oh and it a 40.

6. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

7. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

No problem. Glad to help.

8. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Ive shot the regular white box as well as the 100 round "value packs" in a couple of calibers and never had a problem.

9. runman

runman New Member

I shoot it all the time in 9mm, no problem.

10. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I use WWB 100s often in my G19. I found the Federal Champion at Walmart to be a little cheaper and a lot cleaner. But, as someone on the forum once pointed out... If you are going to clean your Glock regularly, does it really matter if it's dirty ammo? I say go for it... If the Federal is cheaper, or actually in stock, I highly recommend it...

11. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    I've put over a thousand Winchester white box 9mm through my 19 and haven't had any issues. Also, Blazer aluminum case run just as well and are even a bit cheaper.