Glock Firearms banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Your elevator would have to regularly come up several floors short of the top to pay that price.
Yes and no. I do understand the sentiment but new shooters that don’t have any ammo on hand won’t be able to shoot if they refuse to pay current prices. The ammo shortage doesn’t look like it’s going to get better any time soon........especially with the federal governments new bill looming.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The new bill only really has to do with private transferring of guns. Right?
Nope.....stopping import of ammo, taxing Ammo, fee for a government insurance policy on each gun owned. Plenty of stuff that would make it more difficult financially to own firearms. Then there are all the regulations........and checks. Read up on it.

How long did it take you to get your paperwork? It took me 3 months in my north Jersey town.

·
Premium Member
5,920 Posts
Anyone ever shoot Winchester nato 9mm 124 grain rounds
I’ve shot it with my Glocks. Not a problem. NATO 9mm is slightly less powerful than +P.

·
Super Moderator
72,728 Posts
Is 115 grain fmj ammo good for home defense
If it's all you can find, then yes it is good for defense. I personally use Federal HST 124 gr. in most of my carry guns.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,040 Posts
Most would opt for JHP but if it’s illegal in NJ to use JHP for self defense 🙄, then FMJ it is.
9mm FMJ of any flavor or grain won’t be too different in performance in a home defense situation.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,040 Posts
If JHP was illegal I’d see if this was legal then;

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was reading up on this yesterday. Seems that the 115 gr. round nose travels faster and may pass through easily and not lodge or expand. The 147 travels slower and is more likely to lodge. I don’t remember if the 147 faired better at expansion. Defense ammo is made for a reason......

@Danzig Thanks for the tip. That looks interesting for filling my HD magazine here in commie land.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts