Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,925 Posts
I think he’s desperate for ammo.:LOL:
Do we have a New Jersey thread?
Way back in the day I would buy a lot of my gun stuff at the Allentown PA gun shows.
Don’t know if that’s an option for you plus gun shows have been charging scalping prices for the last number of months anyway.
The ranges and stores I used to habit don’t even exist anymore.😔

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,925 Posts
What ammo do you suggest for my Glock 19 gen 3
Personally I avoid reloads as I don’t know the competence of the person making them.
I’d run any factory production ammo from anywhere.
Finding and price is the problem for everyone at the moment.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Of all 9mm,that of which is more available,the 115 gr bullet ammo is best for range shooting I have some self defense 147 gr hollow points as well for self defense. But,ammo is tough to find lately and the prices are creeping up.Price gouging is very common now..

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
That's my preference,but not everyone will agree. Most of what people are finding are FMJ or full metal jacket bullets. They will also work if that's what you can find.My opinion is if someone shot a 115 grain bullet into me,it wouldn't matter as I am positive I wouldn't want a second or third one put in me.I hope you will get more than 1 box and practice with your gun. That's absolutely more important than anything.The 19 Glocks are great guns and even better in hands of knowledgeable owners.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That’s the problem I can’t practice with no ammo. I went to the range once and all I could get was 1 box of amm that’s all they would allow me to buy 50 rounds

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is still overpriced ammo available on Gunbroker. I don't know if NJ is one of the states where you cannot have it shipped.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,925 Posts
So hollow points for home defense?
The most abundant grain weight range ammo will be 115 or 124. Mostly anything higher or lower weights will be for defense ammo. Be aware New Jersey has some ammo restrictions and hollow points may be illegal for certain use. Ask locally, at the range or a sporting goods store, where they get ammo. You might get lucky and find a source near you.

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
550 Posts
are you allowed to have hollow points in NJ? I thought one of those states right in there didnt allow hollow points

·
Premium Member
5,920 Posts
are you allowed to have hollow points in NJ? I thought one of those states right in there didnt allow hollow points
NJ does NOT allow hollow points...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I remember hearing about no hollow points in New Jersey on the Sopranos. Had no clue it was real. Lol.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts