ammo "deal" act fast if you need it

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mattm, Aug 21, 2020.

1. buddy157

buddy157 Active Member

only one line at my LGS, but it can be a the very least 3 blocks long...

of course, i have 2 options..

1) go home...

or

2) go back the next day, 30-45 minutes before it opens, and be first in line....

i opt for 2 all the time.

SJ 40 likes this.
  2. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Well-Known Member

I bought a pistol in early February. Got ammo for it since it is the only one of the caliber I own.
    Hadn't bought a gun in several years before, but the price was smoking and I had been eyeing it.
    Stopping the purchase seems to be a paradox, since you can hardly find it anyway. It's supply and demand. It will take some time after supply catches up because retailers aren't going to willingly sell for less than they paid for it.
    Patience is a virtue, and now is the time to practice it.

Danzig, mattm and buddy157 like this.

3. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

This may be gun-forum heresy, but most of us already have more than enough ammo; at least enough for any emergency purpose.

If you're truly low on something, I can see scrounging now. Keep an eye on ammoseek & similar sites, and good luck. But I suspect actual 'need' is rare, when we're talking about how many people are looking for ammo vs. how many actually NEED to look for ammo.

Danzig, LostinTexas, buddy157 and 2 others like this.
  4. grayman

grayman Active Member

Come on people....."STOP" panic buying just wait It out, control yourself til next summer.
    Remember knives,machetes and swords don't run out of ammo and are cheap with "no" background check. Think about It.

j102 and buddy157 like this.
  5. NWG40

NWG40 Well-Known Member Supporter

Well if there's a genuine need then you might checkout this lead. Optics Planet is now selling guns & ammo. Who wood a thunk it? :rolleyes:

6. 34MOS

34MOS Well-Known Member Supporter

True
    38spl
    44mag
    45auto
    357mag
    500 S&W
    9mm
    41mag
    Ammo I have but no weapon.

7. buddy157

buddy157 Active Member

Bullet Type: Full Metal Jacket (FMJ)Cartridge Case Material: Brass
    Code:92D-LAP-AE45A

MPN:AE45A

UPC:029465085032

$31.99 (Save 25%)
    $0.48/Round
    $23.99
    Estimated to ship within 1-4 months

how many can wait that long..???

this was for .45 ACP

this is for 9MM

Number of Rounds: 50Caliber: 9mm LugerPackage Type: BoxBullet Weight: 100 grainBullet Type: Non-Toxic Frangible
    Code:1WA-LAP-HEVIDUTYLD-99009

MPN:99009

UPC:816383990094

$26.99 (Save 11%)
    $0.48/Round
    $23.99
    Estimated to ship within 1-3 months

8. BanjoGlock

BanjoGlock New Member

9. BanjoGlock

BanjoGlock New Member

But they don’t go BANG!!!!

grayman likes this.
  10. NWG40

NWG40 Well-Known Member Supporter

The best bet may be to purchase directly from the manufacture. Been hearing more & more of that. But if your looking now, my friend you may have missed the bus. :oops:

11. buddy157

buddy157 Active Member

i am not the one looking, i was trying to basically say to the other guy that posted his link, at those prices, they can keep it.

i think i am all set at or about 4,000 rds of just my 9 MM.....

and sadly, only about 3500 rds of my .45 ACP.........

not including the 2,000 rds of 9 MM brass and 1,000 rds of .45 ACP i have in bags, waiting to be reloaded soon as i get my press, vibrating tumbler, scale, measuring calipers, gauges, dies, and a case of Snickers candy bars.

I've only been into this sport since late January, early February, and quickly set out to buy my guns and ammo, long before the crap hit the fan.....

and no, i ain't no psychic or sooth-sayer, either......i just went "full throttle" real quick.

except for deciding to get into reloading..

NWG40 likes this.
  12. grayman

grayman Active Member

All depends on how hard you hit somebody with It:D and It's already quite so you don't need a suppressor for It:rolleyes:

13. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
  14. buddy157

buddy157 Active Member

NWG40, grayman and Danzig like this.
  15. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I can’t legally carry my throwing knives though.

16. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

thats fine you have the brass what about primers , powder and bullets? I can find primers and powder but getting bullets is just like buying loaded ammo "Good Luck"
    hope you have everything

17. buddy157

buddy157 Active Member

if you had actually taken the time to READ my posting, i explained it all.

i don't even have ANYTHING related to reloading equipment....i'm saving up all the brass i shoot, and other brass, that flies over to my lane.

i can wait, i have a good supply of factory fresh ammo.

18. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

19. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

yep i read that im pretty sure I understood you dont have any reloading equipment, hold on let me go back and read it again.............................................................. yep read the same thing. I was just trying to say brass, powder and primers are fairly available, the bullets are what I am having a hard time finding.