ammo "deal" act fast if you need it

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mattm, Aug 21, 2020.

1. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

RevV and Richard Davis like this.
  2. brucer41

brucer41 Faithful Member Supporter

thanks for the heads up!

Richard Davis and mattm like this.

3. buddy157

buddy157 Active Member

Out of Stock, No Backorder

and at that price, they can keep it.........

joeb1, oOOOo, SJ 40 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Glockfinger

Glockfinger Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Freedom munitions has some buts its no cheaper.

5. mattm

Freedom was 60 cents for stuff I paid 18 for...:rolleyes:
    If you need ammo, scope ammoseek out like on the hour...stuff goes quick. Check reviews as well. Cabelas/bass pro are shaky at best.
    My favorite suppliers are midway, sgammo and target sports. Good and responsive service. Freedom Munitions got their act together, but I feel they're gouging at the moment.

sean1250, buddy157 and Glockfinger like this.
  6. mattm

Oh yeah, and the place selling "range grade": skip that garbage. I got burnt on that crap @ 14 cents a round. Cases not sized, recessed bullets, charge all over the place, even got a spare bullet :rolleyes:. Last I saw he wanted 60 cents a round. Range grade, more like training ammo, which is what I used the last of it for. My 2 friends got 5 years of issues in an hour, and learned fast what to do when the round doesn't pew.

308spstac likes this.
  7. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Well-Known Member

Bummer. Saw this too late. I guess I just didn't need it.
    Pretty not bad for this environment, and I bought a 9MM just in time for the panic.

Richard Davis and Danzig like this.
  8. mattm

As did I bet 90% of the new gun owners. Great round, but maybe too great at the moment.

Richard Davis likes this.
  9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    1C1DCB10-74DB-47AE-8366-8D0C858BF9B1.jpeg

10. mattm

:p
    Well, yo..buy a bag of 9 from me, and I throw in a .22 as well, just to mellow the withdrawal :cool:

Richard Davis and Danzig like this.
  11. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Well-Known Member

LOL I'm not a fan, but figure it prudent to keep one around. We use a different caliber for our home.
    I had enough range ammo on hand, and I did score 500 Winchester Rangers. Not the "T". I had enough to prove the pistol, but wish I had a little more since it broke on the first go around. Only got 450 through it on round two after the repair, and 50 was the Ranger. It should be fine, and we are living in troubled times.

Richard Davis and mattm like this.
  12. Scooter91

Scooter91 Member

Arizona
    Always buy before the elections and panic buying. Got more of every caliber than I will ever use. Daughters and grandkids will stay busy when I'm gone. Got 50 round boxes of 9mm and .45acp from Wally World priced at $6.97 a box! A few years of collecting.

buddy157, mattm and Danzig like this.
  13. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

My sentiment as well.

buddy157 likes this.
  14. mattm

Funny, 2 guys at work just got permits...I recommended getting a gun in .45acp...price today, 9mm 50 cents and up. .45acp? 50 cents and up. Another gun in .22lr if they actually want to make a day of it.
    .308 getting cheaper than 5.56 as well. Crazy mixed up world. Glad I don't have to deal with it.

buddy157, Olga17 and SJ 40 like this.
  15. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

If one stocks up when there isn't a run on factory dense rounds and or is a reloader they are well ahead in the game.
    I feel for the new owner that doesn't understand these facts and is faced with finding fodder for their new purchase, because from what I have seen what is available is either not ideal or overpriced or both.

mattm and Olga17 like this.
  16. Migraine

Migraine New Member

I keep some factory ammo
    But I normally shoot reloads

As I couldn't sleep last night
    So I switched the Dillon 550 over to 9 mm
    I loaded 124 Gr FMJ for 3 hours
    Then changed and loaded 147 Gr cast lead bullets for 2 hours
    Not sure how much I loaded , as I keep the reloads in buckets
    But a few thousand at least

So now I need to clean more brass
    As I want to load some 40 S&W and 357 Mag

Sometimes it helps not being able to work because of the headaches
    As I get reloading done ..... then I get a Migraine and hide from the world for a few days

John

buddy157 and SJ 40 like this.
  17. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

The prices of ammo and guns is beyond crazy..all the listings like armslist, are people charging $35 a box for 9mm..selling for example a glock 19 for $1,000..ya i get it there is a shortage of all of that..but amazing how much they want to profit and rip people off..my buddy offered a guy $600 for a listol that was used...guy told him to f#$% o##. That he was crazing to even think anything less than double the original cost...the ammo at my local stores, is buy one box per customer..i don't need anything, even if i did, they can keep it for these prices.....the scary part, when this crap blows over and you have all these people with guns that don't know how to use them, will probably sell to people that can't have guns...

mattm and SJ 40 like this.
  18. ca survivor

ca survivor Active Member

Stop buying ammo and guns, for a month or two, prices will come down, don't play their games, we all have enough ammo and guns already, for .................

mattm, grayman, Danzig and 2 others like this.
  19. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

I agree, I drive by a large shop coming from from work all the time....the lines are out the door for guns and ammo...literally they fomr two lines outside..one fof guns only, the second line is for other...i went in for a scope mount and sling adapter, and it was a zoo...could not believe they ammo prices i saw...fhen what was left, they had a sign, one box only per customer...glad I'm good

ca survivor and Danzig like this.