Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from my local Walmart and found a Wally World special.
Remington UMC 9mm 115gr. Metal Case ammo. A box of 250 rounds for 59.57. After adding the 6% for the state it was $63.15. That's 25and a quarter cents a round. I bet I couldn't reload them that cheap.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm reloading 9mm for just under 18 cents a rd factoring in the initial cost of brass. I'm using hodgen titegroup 115gr spr gdhp cci primers and Brass not nickel metal but brass and keep in mind you get multiple reloads out of the same case. Great price tho thanks for keeping us informed!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The start-up for reloading is quite a bit, plus there also is an uncertainty about that to get, and what you actually need.

·
Banned
786 Posts
The start-up for reloading is quite a bit, plus there also is an uncertainty about that to get, and what you actually need.
There is your time too. I will pay a few cents extra a round to save the little extra time I have. That new ammo is also never fired brass. Another good reason to shoot factory Ammo.

·
Registered
161 Posts
BORIS said:
There is your time too. I will pay a few cents extra a round to save the little extra time I have. That new ammo is also never fired brass. Another good reason to shoot factory Ammo.
Great point. But the piece of mind knowing your ammo is a precision load and each one is to your specifications and what you gun likes rifles and pistols alike is priceless

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I had to go to Wally world the other day to get a couple things for my kid, and I walked by the ammo isle. And I'm glad I did. They had 100 round boxes of Federal .45 230 grain FMJ. I grabbed one and asked the clerk how much they were. He scanned it and said $19.95!! So I did what everyone else on here would do and grabbed every box they had. I wasn't gonna ask twice, so I got 800 rounds of .45 for $160.00!! I hope they get more and don't realize that they're mismarked!!! :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
HenryinFlorida said:
Remington UMC 9mm 115gr. Metal Case ammo. A box of 250 rounds for 59.57. After adding the 6% for the state it was $63.15. That's 25and a quarter cents a round. I bet I couldn't reload them that cheap.
I used to buy those Remmy yellow boxes. But i prefer PSA deals. Last deal from them, i grabbed few boxes of American Eagle subsonic 147gr for @$10.99. No tax and no shipping fee.

·
Banned
654 Posts
I'm reloading 9mm for just under 18 cents a rd factoring in the initial cost of brass.
you can buy 9mm ammo cheaper to the door online, I do not think it is worth reloading 9mm ammo. I am thinking about reloading 40S&W, 45acp and 10mm only. I can get brass 10mm ammo for 16.95 to the door 50rd box but do not know if this is cheaper than reloading, I have not figured it yet and also 45ACP TTD for 13.25 50rd box. I have not seen it to be significant to reload yet factoring in a grand to buy the equipment

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Tape said:
you can buy 9mm ammo cheaper to the door online, I do not think it is worth reloading 9mm ammo. I am thinking about reloading 40S&W, 45acp and 10mm only. I can get brass 10mm ammo for 16.95 to the door 50rd box but do not know if this is cheaper than reloading, I have not figured it yet and also 45ACP TTD for 13.25 50rd box. I have not seen it to be significant to reload yet factoring in a grand to buy the equipment
What website do you buy the 10mm ammo from?

·
Banned
654 Posts
Palmetto State Armory, you get the best deals here when they have free shipping. I order 3000 rd then when I receive the order I order 3000 again. I also order from aimsurplus, they are my .223 supplier and 10mm if they have them in stock. and Cabela's when they run free shipping and have a sale on ammo, cabelas prices are not so good and I ordered only once from them. I have noticed many suppliers are running short, I have them email me when they get a load and sometimes by the time I check them they are sold out again. I have plenty of ammo now and next time I order I can go shot some.

·
Lurker
106 Posts
I had to go to Wally world the other day to get a couple things for my kid, and I walked by the ammo isle. And I'm glad I did. They had 100 round boxes of Federal .45 230 grain FMJ. I grabbed one and asked the clerk how much they were. He scanned it and said $19.95!! So I did what everyone else on here would do and grabbed every box they had. I wasn't gonna ask twice, so I got 800 rounds of .45 for $160.00!! I hope they get more and don't realize that they're mismarked!!! :)

Wally world is where I get my practice rounds. The federal 100 count box is always 20 bucks. Cant beat 20 cents a round. Anywhere ive ever seen selling bulk, or even having a sale on their bulk ammo, doesnt sell it that cheap per round

·
Registered
205 Posts
NateG19 said:
Wally world is where I get my practice rounds. The federal 100 count box is always 20 bucks. Cant beat 20 cents a round. Anywhere ive ever seen selling bulk, or even having a sale on their bulk ammo, doesnt sell it that cheap per round
U got to add some tax to get the net price per round though ;)

·
44 Posts
I'm afraid to buy too much online. I am not one that likes paper trails. Wallyworld is a good place to buy for me, just pay cash and walk out the door lol. Probably just my paranoia rearing it's ugly head again!

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
HenryinFlorida said:
After adding the 6% for the state it was $63.15. That's 25and a quarter cents a round. I bet I couldn't reload them that cheap.
I reload 1000 for $160 with current set up. Could even go cheaper. Also that cost of $160 leaves enough powder for 400 more rounds.

My local walmart has federal 100 count boxes for $19.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Tape said:
I have not seen it to be significant to reload yet factoring in a grand to buy the equipment
Shop around. I have only $250 invested in my Dillon RL550b and thats including Lee dies, digi scales.

Last time I checked myself I can crank out 450-500 an hour. The dillon paid for itself rather quickly. So for me its been worth it.

·
Droid on a mission
258 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the best .40 ammo on the market? I've looked at hydra shok and PDX-1 so far, but can't make up my mind. Any advice?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.