Ameriglo Night Sights.

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by DrumsnGuns, Feb 13, 2012.

1. DrumsnGuns

DrumsnGuns New Member

My local shop has a set of tritium night sights by Ameriglo. They have Trijicon written on both the front and back sights. I read online somewhere this is because they are Ameriglo brand but using Trijicon's tritium vials.

Is this correct? They are $75. Can I find a better set cheaper, or is this a good deal?

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Are they installing them at that price?

You can get Mepros from Topgunsupply.com for $69.99, not sure what shipping runs.

3. DrumsnGuns

DrumsnGuns New Member

No, that's just selling price. I haven't asked what he would charge for installation yet.

4. GrubKiller

GrubKiller New Member

I have a pair of the Hackatorn Ameriglo sights on one of my G19s and they are fantastic sights and a great value. Go for it!

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

CTD is selling the Ameriglo i-dot Pro's for $69 and change

6. DrumsnGuns

DrumsnGuns New Member

Not a huge fan of the I-dots. I prefer all green, three dot sights.

7. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I like the three dots sights as well. Night sights will be the next upgrade I make to my gun.

8. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Personal preference, I found the I-dot to be a good compromise keeping the rear clutter free (focusing on front sight). Two inserts in the rear (especially with white outlines) is just too much going on for me.

9. Trotac

Trotac New Member

I am in the process of switching all of my Glocks over to the Ameriglo Pro I-Dots. They are far and away the best multi-use sights I've ever tried. My preferred set-up is the orange outlined front sight and the plain black rear with the un-outlined vial. In a perfect world I would prefer a plain rear sight with no tritium or anything, but I just can't give up the night sight capability. I got my first set from Slim's Tactical for about $64. But now one my local shops has them for $67, so I'll be spending my money with them for the next few sets... I'm a firm believer in setting up all of my guns as close to one another as possible.