American Tactical CS9

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Hamster, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Hamster

Hamster New Member

I finally made it out to the range today. Unfortunately, the range was out of targets and I didn't think to bring any with me. I don't have any groupings to show yet because I ended up spending my time shooting at a blank piece of cardboard but, it was a good excuse to blow off some steam from my crappy week at work.

So anyway...........about the pistol.
    As far as function, it performed flawlessly. I shot 200 rounds through it without the slightest hicup. The muzzle flip was more than I would have expected from a ported barrel but, notably less than my G19 had. One thing I did notice was the "felt recoil" was significantly less than a non-ported 9mm.
    Left to right, it's dead on but seems to shoot low and the rear sight is not adjustable. I was able to compensate by lining up the bottom of the front dot with the top of the rear dots. I'm either going to have to re-learn how to shoot or find an adjustable sight that will fit my gun.

For my next range visit, I plan to bring targets and my digital camera with me so that I'll have something to show.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. Hamster

Hamster New Member

It seems my shooting low was just me. It had been awhile since I'd been able to go shoot anything so maybe I was just rusty, or jerking the trigger (it's quite sensative ya know), or just not gripping it correctly or whatever. Anyway.........I checked it with 2 different laser bore sights and both show it to be dead on so, I'll try again with some actual targets to aim at and see what happens.

3. Safety

Safety New Member

Alb nm
    Is it to the side a little also