Glock Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome to the forum and no they're not rare, they've been making them in Smyrna GA now for a couple years.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Love supporting US products, but I'd kinda rather have an Austrian made version for authenticity's sake. Glock was not born in the US...
Nor were the metric cars that came from Japan! Import tax made it cheaper to build plants to assemble the cars they shipped here in parts. It might be interesting to know the % of the parts that are now made here, if any.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Three years ago when this thread was started, it was a rarity to see someone in the US actually own a Glock that was produced in the US. Glock used to only sell Austrian-made firearms in the US, and everywhere else in the world got Glocks that were made in the US. Now it's common to see Glocks in the US that were made in Georgia.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Yea and the member said he only paid somewere around 500-550 for it!
I paid $529.00 + tax for my brand new (made in Austria) G22 Gen 4 (full kit) back in October of 2013 and based on what I have been reading it was a better deal than I originally thought. I just looked at all the Glock dealers in the Houston Metro area shown on the Glock website to get all the company names and sent them all an e-mailed request for quote. The cheapest price was a little shop called 1911 Enterprises off Bissonnet. The owners name is Ross Bernardo and he was a great guy to deal with. I ordered the gun by phone (no down payment; just my word to get it ordered) and he called me back about 3 or 4 days later to say the gun had arrived. I filled out all my forms beforehand and took them with me when I picked the gun up. The background check was quick and I was out of there in 20 minutes. The owner told me he became a gun dealer to help support his gun habit (LOL) and of all places the owner was originally from California. The next lowest price was Tomball Pawn at $535.00 but 1911 Enterprises was closer to home so I purchased from him and glad I did. This is a SMALL one-man shop so it made me happy to support a small business too. During the same time frame I checked a price from Collectors Firearms and they were selling a USED Gen 3 G22 for $600.00 + tax.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
is this every glock model?
Far as I know. If you are wondering about a specific model, perhaps a quick phone call or email to Glock to see if it is something being produced in Georgia or Austria for your specific market.

Or you can go to the LGS and look at the slide :)

·
It is what it is.
322 Posts
I bought a 43 it was a US made gun. When I went looking for a second 43 I specifically asked for an AUS made gun. Just makes it's easy to tell them apart :)

·
Super Moderator
63,156 Posts
Hi Joey, Welcome to the Glock Forum. This is a really old thread. Maybe you could go to the intro area and introduce yourself and ask away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The USA stamped ones are very rare within the US, I have only seen pictures of 1 that was within the US and that was a member on here. The USA stamped ones that are made in Georgia are made for export, alot go to the Phillapines.
I have two now the glock 43 patriot edition and the glock 19 mariner both stamped made in Georgia

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I have two now the glock 43 patriot edition and the glock 19 mariner both stamped made in Georgia
How did you get a G19 Mariner? I’ve been looking for a Mariner model in the US for a while now!!

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
This entire Mariner Glock 19 has me torn. I’ve wanted one for years, but I can’t justify another G19.3, lol!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts