Alright guys

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by gladesbassin, Jul 21, 2012.

1. gladesbassin

gladesbassin Happy Member :) Supporter

Well I was talking to my uncle(curent l.e.o/detective) and he swears by glock. So I was telling him I was looking together one and he pretty much sold me on a glock 19. He is going to assist me in getting it( for his price). Just wondering how y'all feel about the 19? I have a ruger lc9 for a ccw and also a tarus pt140. I was just looking for something to use at the range on a weekly basis. Any recommendations would be helpful please and thank you.

2. gladesbassin

This will be my first glock by the way! 

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Get the 19, for the Leo price, no questions asked!
    It's a great gun you won't regret it!

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

If I had to choose one Glock it would be a G19.

5. IMO, the G19 is the perfect gun for carry and home defense for me. I have a new Gen 4 G19 that is just flawless and had a Gen 3 G19 for a year, it sold me on the G19. I love the size so much that I now have a G23 as well that I am converting to the .357 Sig, just waiting on my new barrel.

6. gladesbassin

And let's say in the future I would be able to customize it how ive seen on this forum? Cause y'all have done some cool stuff to em and I don't want to miss out on being able to do that also. Might be a dumb question but im still a glock noob.

7. jeapster93

jeapster93 New Member

The 19 is a great gun, it might be your first Glock but most likely not your last! They seem to be addicting, at least they have been to me.

8. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I have a G23, same size as the 19 but in 40. I love it. I would recommend that size glock for everyone that wants a glock

9. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

If you are asking if you can customize like you have seen other peoples GLOCKs on this forum then yes you can.

10. gladesbassin

Thanks guys for such a rapid respond I will definitely let yall know what happens and what I choose but it will most likely be the 19. And I'm sure it won't be my last..I've shot plenty of glocks at the range and the feeling is second to none.

11. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Between me and argyle.... We can do almost anything.

I sell sights, holsters, lasers, upgrade parts, barrels, lights, and argyle is an armorer who can install anything and he paints guns.

12. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Excellent choice on the G19, trust your uncle.

13. You can always go Glock 23/32 and get a .357/.40 barrel and 9mm conversion barrel.

14. gladesbassin

I've heard about the conversion barrel, but I think that this 19 will be my first purchase of many of glock products. I hear these things are like pringles..once you pop the fun don't stop.

15. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

I have a 19 and I love it!! Great for carry and great for the range. The 19 is a purchase I will never regret!

16. Think you mentioned that you only plan on using it as a range gun? If so, would suggest a 17 over a 19. 19 is wonderful and versatile if you think you may eventually want to carry it as well as use it at the range. But if you know for sure your first Glock will be range only, I'd go with the full size 17.

17. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Or even a 22 you can get them as police turn ins for $329!!! And a conversion barrel (from me) for $150. Virtually two guns for the price of one!

18. gladesbassin

There is so much to think about with these guns, I do plan on using it at the range but depending on which shoots a more presice shot I'm going with that to carry obviously. I see a collection of glocks in the near future for me. I appreciate all the responses and will definitely take them in to consideration when I go to purchase. And blackwolf and argyle I will be contacting you when I do make a purchase so I can make it specifically my glock.

19. If you don't mind a bit thicker gun you can get a G30 and have basically the same size gun in 45acp.
    IMHO 45acp is 1st on my list, 9x19mm would be 2nd and 357Sig would be 3rd. Don't really care for the 40S&W and the 10mm Auto is more gun then you really need for CCW use however for woods/outdoor use it'd be good. JMHO, YMMV.

20. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

He said it right there! You cannot go wrong with a 19!