Glock Forum banner

Albany USPSA 10/12?

Regional 
702 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Silver-Bolt 
#1 ·
Anyone else shooting the USPSA match at Albany (ARPC) this weekend? It will be my wife's first USPSA match. She is excited and nervous.

#2 ·
Unfortunately my Saturdays are pretty much booked for the remainder of the year. I was going to try to squeeze in the Intro to USPSA class on Nov 2, but a family obligation trumped it. I'll have to try to get it the first Saturday in December if they have it, and then I should be able to compete starting in January when my schedule opens up a bit. Question... I'd like to shoot IDPA also... is there any intro requirement for IDPA like there is for USPSA? And, do I have to join both organizations to shoot their competitions?

#3 ·
For local club level matches I do not think you need to join USPSA. Best to call the club to confirm. I shot two matches before I joined. For bigger matches suck as sectionals, area, and nationals you do have to be a member.

Regarding IDPA, I have not shot any of their matches. I went and watched one and didn't really care for the format. Not a bad program by any stretch, just not for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.