Glock Forum banner

AK Photo thread...

7K views 74 replies 19 participants last post by  glocknloaded 
#1 ·
Here's a place to show off pics of your AK-47 or variant...

Below is a pic of my Yugoslavian AKMS ( 7,62x39mm ) manufactured by Zastava Arms in the city of Kragujevac, in modern day Serbia.

TECHNICAL DATA

Assault Rifle M70AB2
Calibre (mm) 7,62x39
Twist rate (mm) 240
Number of grooves 4

Weight (kg)
Weapon 4.04
Magazine, empty (30 rounds) 0.36

Length (mm)
Weapon with folded stock 900
Barrel 415

Mechanical Features
Type of fire- Semi-Auto
Operation- Gas operated
Locking system- Rotating bolt

Muzzle velocity (m/s) 720
Rate of fire (rounds/min.) 620
Maximum effective range (m) 300

See less See more
#2 ·
Just wanted to bump this thread.I know there is plenty AK owners out there lets see em!

Mines on the way to my FFL now. I just went with a IO AK with a lifetime warranty. Ordered some Russian red Tapco stocks for it. Pics to soon follow

#4 · (Edited)
bhale187 said:
I thought I had posted in here, I guess not. Here's some of my old AKs
Very nice! I can't wait to join the AK family!

#6 ·
CCSir said:
Here's the only on I own. The bottom one is the "before" and the others are the obvious "after". Nothing special but I like it.
What kind and who imported it?

#7 ·
glocknloaded said:
What kind and who imported it?
It's a WASR from Century. Surprisingly accurate for being a WASR as well. Not a tack driver by any means, but I can hit steel plates at 100 yards pretty consistently.

#8 ·
CCSir said:
It's a WASR from Century. Surprisingly accurate for being a WASR as well. Not a tack driver by any means, but I can hit steel plates at 100 yards pretty consistently.
Sweet thanks! I am new to the AK world do I am trying to soak up as much as I can

#10 ·
KinX said:
The AK is my next purchase after my buddy is done building my AR. But i want it to look original with tge wood stock. Looks awsome that way.
That's what I've got planned. I have my AR I built that's got the tactical function and the AK I ordered has polymer furniture but I am putting on these

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
AK arrived at my LGS now I just have to wait my 10 day cool off period (California :rolleyes: ) can't wait to put the Romanian Red furniture.

Better pics and range report to follow in 9 days :D

Attachments

#13 ·
jbardellini said:
Sweet at least you will get it before Christmas. What store did you use.
Used bullseye in San Rafael. All said and done I am happy with the experience and they paid the sales tax for me which saved me 50 bucks but shipping a firearm into California is something I'll avoid in the future unless it's something I can't find locally.

Where do you go?

#15 ·
jbardellini said:
I thought so by the shelf in the picture I have been to there range before and did a class there I usually get my stuff from there Castro valley store or another shop in Livermore
I bought my first Glock from their Castro Valley store, great guys. What's the one in Livermore called? Ive never been there and I love looking at new places

#18 ·
jbardellini said:
J&R I can hive you the address later. That's where I got my G22 from
Sweet I'll check them out.

#23 ·
Cracker7 said:
Converted Saigas. 7.62x39 and the other 5.45x39. They're awesome. So much fun at the range.
They look awesome! I am glad to be adding my first AK to the family.

#24 ·
jbardellini said:
J&R sports supply

2558-b old first street
Livermore

Look for Ashley, small girls with an a,! Chiseled out of stone
Sweet! I am gonna try to get down there quickly!

#26 ·
66Goat389 said:
How many round mag? Detachable? What did you pay for it. I've heard some crazy laws about guns in cali.
10 round mag. Detachable but with a bullet button. Paid around 600 and paid a extra 40 bucks for them to install the bullet button so they could ship it here. Came with two mags and lifetime warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.