Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just trying to keep the thread on topic.
He's right So I'll answer you here in your thread.

From Ky, stationed in NM now, but got lucky with a recent assignment to Ft Campbell KY in July. Right near my hometown. What about you? I'll check out that website and see what they got. Thanks for the link
I'm in GA, I got out last year. Now I'm back in college, taking advantage of the post 9/11 GI Bill.

That is an awesome assignment for you! My best assignment was my first one. Moody AFB, in Valdosta GA. It was only four hours from home.

·
Registered
431 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
Hey AF1Sgt!!!! Sorry bout the rather short, blunt reply on the Pay It Forward thread… Just trying to keep the thread on topic. (I was a guilty party in the last bit of confusion). That said…

Welcome!!!! You're gonna love it here!!!! Lots of info, great vendors, and lots of great guys (and gals) to chat with!
Thanks blackwolf, no worries brother. Thanks for the note and I look forward to the days chatting ahead

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Thanks for your service! I had an "in" at the Naval Academy, but was denied due to medical reasons. My brother is serving in the Army, one tour in IRAQ, currently stationed in Texas sweeping floors…

How is the iPad app?

·
Registered
431 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
Thanks for your service! I had an "in" at the Naval Academy, but was denied due to medical reasons. My brother is serving in the Army, one tour in IRAQ, currently stationed in Texas sweeping floors…

How is the iPad app?
It's not bad just that new posts don't stand out. Nothing to catch your eye so it's hard to know where the most recent post was.

·
1,310 Posts
AF1Sgt said:
What are the pros and cons of a .40 vs. .45?
Hey Brother,

Headed to Ft Campbell? That's interesting...Tac Controller? Anyway, welcome and glad you're enjoying Big Blue...I played for 28 years before bad joints made PT impossible and force me call it two years early.

If you like your G19 (and I love mine), you'll also love both G23 or 30, which are .40 and .45 respectively. Something to consider when buying Glock .40 cal and larger..."what other calibers can I shoot with this gun?". If you buy a G23, you can buy a 9MM and/or .357 sig conversion barrel for under $200 depending on vendor and all you'd need are the caliber correct mags. A Glock .45 ACP will take 10MM conversion barrels but in addition to new mags, you need to replace the extractor, which takes me about 3 minutes. Glock 10MMs take drop in .40 conversion barrels. Not sure if you need new mags or not. Check out conversion barrels on line. I love my KKM Precision barrel in my G23.

What state are you in now? If you are in TX or GA, check out www.gtdist.com for your next weapon purchase. They have great prices for first responders and military folks.

Aim High, Shirt, and Godspeed to you and your Airmen,

·
1,310 Posts
Hey Shirt,

Another bit of advice, go to You Tube and search "hickok45 Glock" and spend a couple hours with a couple cold beverages watching an informative and entertaining character give you tons of great info on the world of Glocks. Don't miss his long range shooting...

·
Registered
431 Posts
buzznrose said:
Hey Brother,

Headed to Ft Campbell? That's interesting...Tac Controller? Anyway, welcome and glad you're enjoying Big Blue...I played for 28 years before bad joints made PT impossible and force me call it two years early.

If you like your G19 (and I love mine), you'll also love both G23 or 30, which are .40 and .45 respectively. Something to consider when buying Glock .40 cal and larger..."what other calibers can I shoot with this gun?". If you buy a G23, you can buy a 9MM and/or .357 sig conversion barrel for under $200 depending on vendor and all you'd need are the caliber correct mags. A Glock .45 ACP will take 10MM conversion barrels but in addition to new mags, you need to replace the extractor, which takes me about 3 minutes. Glock 10MMs take drop in .40 conversion barrels. Not sure if you need new mags or not. Check out conversion barrels on line. I love my KKM Precision barrel in my G23.

What state are you in now? If you are in TX or GA, check out www.gtdist.com for your next weapon purchase. They have great prices for first responders and military folks.

Aim High, Shirt, and Godspeed to you and your Airmen,
Chief, thanks for the details on the interchangable Glock barrels/bullets. Also, congratulations on your retirement and Thank You for your leadership in service. I'm going to check out the site and video on youtube in a few. I'm at Kirtland AFB, NM now. High altitude helps with cardio which should help me out in the TACP unit I'm headed to in July. Chief, thanks for taking time to write. I'll talk with you after a few cold ones and the YouTube video you recommended.

V/r

Shirt

·
1,310 Posts
Brother, I appreciate the courtesy, but I go by Buzz these days. You will enjoy Mr. Hickok, he is a great You Tube celebrity and a genuine gun guy.

All my best to you, your family, and our AF family,

Buz

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
This thread must be a result of house cleaning...moderators?
It is. It's from one of the intro threads. Your post was the best one to start with. Send me a PM if you need to.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It is. It's from one of the intro threads. Your post was the best one to start with. Send me a PM if you need to.
Yeah I just saw that my mailbox was full in case you tried to PM me with this info. It has since been emptied.

Why PM when we can have a face to face talk at Bullseye? :D Just kidding, I still havent met you guys yet. I don't get out that way enough & when I do it's only for an hour or so for the GSSF indoor stuff.

P.S. Nice thread title :rolleyes:

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
No idea where this came from...do you want it to go away !?

OH...OK...GAgal did this...

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Yeah I just saw that my mailbox was full in case you tried to PM me with this info. It has since been emptied.

Why PM when we can have a face to face talk at Bullseye? :D Just kidding, I still havent met you guys yet. I don't get out that way enough & when I do it's only for an hour or so for the GSSF indoor stuff.

P.S. Nice thread title :rolleyes:
I agree. We need to setup a time for me, you and Birddogyz to meet up and shoot together. PM us when you plan on going there again. We are usually there at least once a week.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Air force here! Sadly once I was in I got discharge do to medical... straight from boot camp. But I was in for a month! I know it's not much but I tried. I'm at least proud of that.

·
Banned
258 Posts
I was going to be a lifer in the army, but after a few years and some combat, bullets, and stuff they decided to retire me. Seriously. I fought it, but they didn't want me to be a liability. Especially for what my job was. Needless to say I was sad, but after a few years I was released to be a consultant. I work when I am needed. ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
scrubber3 said:
I was going to be a lifer in the army, but after a few years and some combat, bullets, and stuff they decided to retire me. Seriously. I fought it, but they didn't want me to be a liability. Especially for what my job was. Needless to say I was sad, but after a few years I was released to be a consultant. I work when I am needed. ;)
Well I have to say that I respect you for what you did as I've been in 17 years and never been under direct (legal combat) fire. I've been shot at a few times in the U.S.,, but have been lucky not to have any hit me. I've deployed a lot, but I was in a search and rescue capacity and our helo was never struck either. A part of me is glad I haven't been seriously injured, but there's a bigger part that feels I'm dodging something that all my Army and Marine brothers face every day. I tried to change services, but was denied. Well, thank you for your service and sacrifices and I look forward to chatting with you on this Glock forum.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts