Aiming

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dallon, Mar 8, 2012.

1. dallon

dallon New Member

Hello everyone, I am a newish glock 22 40 cal owner, and I have some questions. First one is what is the best way to aim down the sights of a glock? Second is how to better control my breathing? I notice a few yards out i am off target, how can I better this?

2. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

I aim with the front dot the middle part of it perfectly inline with the top lines of the rear sight an seems to work well for me. If that makes sense. I'm still a noob myself. Lol

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Line the dot up with the stop of the post on the back sight and then put whatever you're aiming at right above that dot.

4. dallon

dallon New Member

Hey thanks so much you guys I will try these tips!

5. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

How many yards are you out?

6. dallon

dallon New Member

About 25~35 feet out hit and miss...

7. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Are u new to shooting period or just glock

8. dallon

dallon New Member

New to shooting, I have periodically **** a few pistols, rifles, and shotguns. But owning and often shooting pretty new at that.

9. dallon

dallon New Member

I do not know why it blinked it out I said shoot ing

10. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Me too. I know when I started. I was shooting pretty far away an it wasn't working to well for me so I brought it into like 7 to 10 feet I know sounds lame but it really helped. And once I started hitting where I wanted I would gradually take it out 5 or so more feet now my accuracy is 100xs better.

11. dallon

dallon New Member

Huh... Ya that sounds like a good starting point maybe I should start off that way and work my way up.

12. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

I also had to alter my grip and stance a few times. But I've never shot before I bought my g22 a little over a month ago.

13. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Lol yea I thought it made me look a little lame at first but you figure ur school altercation is around 7 to 15 ft so y not get gr8 at those ranges then extend out.

14. dallon

dallon New Member

That's about the time I bought my glock about a month ago... They are a fun shooting

15. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

O yeah for sure. I want to go every day lol

16. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Next time you go let us know how it works out. Where ya from?

17. dallon

dallon New Member

I live here in Montana, and you? I will let you know how it goes I will probably go this Thursday.

18. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

From your description it sounds like a grip and trigger issue vs sight alignment.

19. Dboyce12

Dboyce12 New Member

Michigan. Check out the thread shooting low to the left. That I posted everyone helped me so much.

20. dallon

dallon New Member

What is the best way to correct that Kodiak? And ya man I will go check that out.