Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tend to have fairly sweaty hands, especially during the summer when shooting outdoors. I'd heard several greats reviews about talon grips and was pretty much sold until I discovered Agrip by Brooks Tactical.

They are supposed to be soft and extremely thin, not cling to anything for concealed carry use, and get even better grip wise once your hands start sweating. Plus with them being smooth my back wouldn't go raw if I plan to carry in the future.

They aren't the cheapest grips, and even though I have a gen4 my g19 still has a tendency to start walking some if my hands start really sweating. I'd rather not wear gloves.

Any thoughts on Agrip? Personal experience?

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
I have them on my G19 and G26 for about a year now. They have held up extremely well even with getting small amounts of gun cleaning chemicals on them. The one down side is that I can't remove the Trigger Housing Pin without cutting a hole in the grip. To get the grip to adhere really good, wrap a ace bandage around it and let it sit overnight or put the frame in a Baggie and then wrap it tightly with black electrical tape and let sit overnight.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Does this grip hinder the mag release function other than for removal?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chuckds said:
I have them on my G19 and G26 for about a year now. They have held up extremely well even with getting small amounts of gun cleaning chemicals on them. The one down side is that I can't remove the Trigger Housing Pin without cutting a hole in the grip. To get the grip to adhere really good, wrap a ace bandage around it and let it sit overnight or put the frame in a Baggie and then wrap it tightly with black electrical tape and let sit overnight.
Do you notice it assisting your grip? And relieving some over grip? It's almost velvety right?

I haven't heard about the trigger housing pin being blocked, that's a good price of information.

Thanks for the tips about putting it on, if I do end up going with Agrip those will deff come in handy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Levelcross said:
Does this grip hinder the mag release function other than for removal?
For the standard mag release, I know the grip is cut out (like a flap) where it would lay on top of the mag release. I've only heard of one or two cases where people complained, and they resolved the issue by cutting that flap off the grip and just not having it over the mag release.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
GEN4G19 said:
For the standard mag release, I know the grip is cut out (like a flap) where it would lay on top of the mag release. I've only heard of one or two cases where people complained, and they resolved the issue by cutting that flap off the grip and just not having it over the mag release.
I have no problems with the mag release being covered. The instructions tell you to put drop of oil around it before installing the grip.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you feel as though it's comfortable in the hand and improves grip even when wet? I'm glad it's held up that well, with it being so thin I had some minor concerns with that.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Its not all that thin. It feels really good on my 23 but I put my pachmeyer back on top of it. Actually it looks and feels great this way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was the Agrip not sufficient enough grip wise? Or did you put it on a glock without finger grooves and wanted those back?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Was the Agrip not sufficient enough grip wise? Or did you put it on a glock without finger grooves and wanted those back?
Yes, No and It is a Gen4, It turned out for me I like the Pachmeyer feel better. I didn't want to take the Agrip off and I thought What the heck and put the Pach. over it and it really is quite nice that way. Just one of those weird things you fall into sometimes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sort of like that idea. The dark flat black of the Agrip is slowly growing on me though. I'm just trying to decide if it will assist in preventing walking when I fire if my hands are sweating.

If anyone could comment on their experience that would be awesome in helping me decide.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have it on my 17 & 26. My hands sweat a lot and even with them both being Gen4's I still didnt feel I was gettin a good solid grip. Put it on my 17 first and loved it from the get go. Just recently put it on my 26 and it feels great. And with just 2 fingers on the grip I feel like I have a real solid hold. Talons werent for me, and I didnt like the rubber grips. This imo was just what I needed. My 2 cents anyway.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I sort of like that idea. The dark flat black of the Agrip is slowly growing on me though. I'm just trying to decide if it will assist in preventing walking when I fire if my hands are sweating.

If anyone could comment on their experience that would be awesome in helping me decide.
I actually got to shoot my 23 for the first time with both grips. I must say it felt better than it ever has! I am in Florida , it was 93 degrees, 95% humidity and I was flat out DRIPPING with sweat! No problem at all!! My grip was more firm than my stance! I am going to do the same to my 21 now I love it!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both of those reviews help a ton! Thank you. I cant wait to try them out. I will be ordering some in the near future (probably from pistolaccents.com).

Once I do I'll take some pictures after the install and post them here along with a range report and review of the grips.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So after giving proper thought I hard ordered this pair of Agrip from pistolaccents.com. Their customer service was great and the shipped in great time. I checked in advance to make sure they were in stock.

They are extremely comfortable in the hand and against the back during IWB carry.

They went on in about 30min (had a few interruptions) and used the plastic bag and electrical tape method for the next 24hrs after I had them where I wanted them.

It's been a couple of weeks and I love these grips. It is remarkably comfortable to grip and they dont slip at all in the hand, even during a couple hours of shooting while sweating outside. I'll see how they hold up in the long run, but so far I have no complaints. During installation I cut out the space for my slide lock and did a little work on the edge of the mag hole to make sure it was trimmed and flush how I wanted it.

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Gun barrel

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am glad you like it and thank you for the order. I use these grips on all my Glocks they are great. Long term you will be happier. I just used the universal 5x8 sheet and made a grip for my AR.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was recommended these grips by someone but haven't made the plunge. Any of you guys have an opinion on the agrip vs talon grip. I've been looking into both

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
So after giving proper thought I hard ordered this pair of Agrip from pistolaccents.com. Their customer service was great and the shipped in great time. I checked in advance to make sure they were in stock.

They are extremely comfortable in the hand and against the back during IWB carry.

They went on in about 30min (had a few interruptions) and used the plastic bag and electrical tape method for the next 24hrs after I had them where I wanted them.

It's been a couple of weeks and I love these grips. It is remarkably comfortable to grip and they dont slip at all in the hand, even during a couple hours of shooting while sweating outside. I'll see how they hold up in the long run, but so far I have no complaints. During installation I cut out the space for my slide lock and did a little work on the edge of the mag hole to make sure it was trimmed and flush how I wanted it.

View attachment 20631

View attachment 20632
I like it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mauro3005 said:
I was recommended these grips by someone but haven't made the plunge. Any of you guys have an opinion on the agrip vs talon grip. I've been looking into both
In my honest opinion I'd go Agrip. My roommate has tried both talon grips and the skatetape type was too rough on the back, and the rubber to me felt like it had no improvement over the stock grip. Especially if you have sweaty hands.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
pistolaccents said:
I am glad you like it and thank you for the order. I use these grips on all my Glocks they are great. Long term you will be happier. I just used the universal 5x8 sheet and made a grip for my AR.
Thanks for your help. I'll definitely be looking at pistolaccents.com for future purchases.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.