Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an Agency trigger for a G43, and didn't realize it came with a Ghost connector as well. This brings up two questions -

A - what is the consensus on "use" or "don't use" the Ghost connector vs. leaving the factory connector?

and

B - what is the real, functional difference in the two? Is it just weight-of-pull, reduced-take-up, more crisp overall, etc?

I've heard good things about Ghost connectors over the years, but have never used one; I've always kept factory stock triggers on my other glocks. I don't mind a little extra take-up; a certain amount of take-up works to the benefit of the installed Tau gadget in my case.

I don't know which ghost connector it is; I only know it's a ghost because it has 'ghostinc.com' stamped into it. Any input or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: cazbass

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Hi, John!

The Ghost Edge is a modified Glock '-' connector design that reduces the trigger pull weight and moves the 'smoother' trigger-bar-trigger-connector-step wall closer to the trigger-bar-firing-pin-safety wall (hence, the advertised 'no bump').

As Jim suggested, the difference in feel is easily compared by changing the connector (which can be done very quickly).

Different folks like different triggers.

For example, I change all of my Glock trigger connectors to the Glock OEM '-' connector... that's what I like.

You need to determine what you like and 'go with that'.

Also, be sure to check the internal safeties...

Aftermarket Triggers... ‘Upgrades & Gotchas’
https://www.glockforum.com/threads/bobs-corner-how-glocks-work.53851/page-2#post-1429399

Best regards,

Bob

· Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,087 Posts
I have the Ghost Edge connector with a stock trigger in my G43. It did make a difference, with just that set up. I want to move to a AA trigger, as soon as funds allow. I agree with Jim & Bob, try different combos and find what is best for you

Reactions: cazbass

· Premium Member
2,396 Posts
John in AR, I put in the Agency Arms trigger in my 43, and I installed the supplied Ghost Edge connector. The difference between that and the OEM trigger group is not subtle - it's a big improvement, in my opinion. I'm not going back to the OEM trigger on my 43.

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, hory clap. That was easier than I expected.

I put in the AA trigger and the Ghost connector in about 3 minutes, and all 'seems' ok. Hopefully will function test it tomorrow, but so far the gun cycles freely and passes the "pull the trigger with a pencil in the barrel to test firing-pin impact" test.

Definitely a much better feel to the trigger now. Reduced take-up and reduced weight as well; probably ~5 lbs now rather than the probably 8 lbs it was to start with.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts

· Faithful Member
287 Posts
I have the "Pro" connector on my G23 and it made a whirl or a difference and had been contemplating tossing one in my G43. Seems like I may step back and go with a trigger as well for the 43 from the sounds of it. Or at least try it out.

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another Glock convert.
:)Been a glockaholic for a while; started carrying a personally-bought g19 on duty in 1999. This 43 makes my sixth, two 26’s and three 19’s before this. I don’t really like the feel of a glock, but I hugely like the reliability and consistency of them.

But I’d never modified any of them except changing out the sights and some threaded barrels; had never torn any of them down far at all before this. With thousands of rounds thru each of them, and probably 15-20 thousand thru the original 19, I’d never even stripped any of them past recoil spring removal before, which to me speaks volumes of praise about them. Just went over the internals with cleaner & toothbrush, and they’ve always just chuuged along.

Looking forward to getting the axis slim I have on order for it. Definitely gettng lazy in my old age - in the 80’s-90’s I ccw’ed 1911’s and .357 revolvers, then in 1999 switched to g19, in 2004 or so went to g26, and now going to this little thing (that still holds more rounds than the big 1911 back then). :cool:

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update on the Agency Arms trigger. On my three carry-oriented glocks (this 43, one of the 19's and one of the 26's), they all have the TAU SCD 'gadget', that in my case serves solely as a feedback device to let me know if something is impacting or activating the trigger. Basically it serves to give the same feedback as a hammer on a DA gun does when you put your thumb behind the hammer as you reholster.

I put the AA trigger and the Ghost connector on the 43, and immediately saw why there is such reduced takeup with the AA trigger. It's partially activating the striker even when in the resting position. It held the SCD partially out, illuminating the fact that the striker was being partially retracted even when there was no finger on the trigger. Not even half the way out, maybe one fourth, but definitely there. Analogy-wise, picture a DA revolver whose trigger held the hammer slightly back toward the 'cocked' position even when holstered.

As this is an IWB gun, I didn't like even that small amount of pre-tensioning on the trigger and so switched the trigger back to stock, although I did leave the Ghost connector in place.

Not meant as a knock on the AA trigger; it's definitely a nice feeling trigger, it works well and is probably perfectly fine and safe as-is. It's just that any amount of pre-tensioning of the trigger is outside my personal comfort zone for an IWB-carried gun without a manual safety.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts
Hi, John!
... the striker was being partially retracted even when there was no finger on the trigger.
Just so you know, by design, in Glocks with a stock trigger bar assembly, the firing pin is 'preloaded' about 70%... the ''stock' trigger press simply loads the firing pin the remaining 30%.

To reduce pretravel, aftermarket triggers preload the firing pin even more... some more than others.

The safer aftermarket triggers preload the firing pin about 80%. With these triggers, the pistol remains safe and the trigger pull is shorter, but not as short as many would like.

The less safe aftermarket triggers preload the firing pin significantly more. Obviously, as the preload approaches 100%, the pistol becomes very unsafe.

As I mentioned in post #4, the following presentation may be helpful.

Aftermarket Triggers... ‘Upgrades & Gotchas’
https://www.glockforum.com/threads/bobs-corner-how-glocks-work.53851/page-2#post-1429399

In my opinion, as presented, the Kineti-Tech trigger is safe. However, the LWD trigger, as I had it adjusted, was not safe.

Best regards,

Bob

· Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...the pistol remains safe and the trigger pull is shorter, but not as short as many would like...
That's probably where I am in the spectrum. It was probably just fine; I'm just extremely risk-averse.

· Premium Member
10,873 Posts
I guess I’m the only one with this issue. My ghost connector and AA trigger combo doesn’t function. My trigger will not break w the ghost connector. Runs fine with the OEM. Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum,I've never used one myself but from people I know who have ,they all required fitting.

There are many instructional videos on you tube,I think even one by Ghost on how to fit the various connectors they produce.

· Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum,I've never used one myself but from people I know who have ,they all required fitting. I appreciate the input. I actually just spoke with Ghost. They claim that due to variations in trigger bar lengths (over polishing) you may get “unlucky” and it will not work… I definitely installed it correctly and fitted it properly as I’ve done two others for friends already (even tried the Edge which is a drop-in). not really satisfied with the “bad luck” answer. Though I know it’s not Ghosts fault! Hopefully someone may know a solution. There are many instructional videos on you tube,I think even one by Ghost on how to fit the various connectors they produce.

· Registered
3 Posts
I Just spoke with Ghost. They said that it’s luck of the draw with aftermarket triggers. As sometimes they will “over polish” the trigger bar making it too short to function with the ghost connector. I definitely installed it and fitted it properly as this is the third ive done. 2 friends with the same setup have zero issue. I guess I’m the unlucky one with the short trigger bar….

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,479 Posts
I Just spoke with Ghost. They said that it’s luck of the draw with aftermarket triggers. As sometimes they will “over polish” the trigger bar making it too short to function with the ghost connector. I definitely installed it and fitted it properly as this is the third ive done. 2 friends with the same setup have zero issue. I guess I’m the unlucky one with the short trigger bar….
I had an aftermarket connector I couldn’t get to work right. I probably could’ve adjusted it to get it to work but with a factory minus connector why bother?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts