Age to buy magazines.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by MadTaco, Mar 19, 2012.

1. MadTaco

MadTaco New Member

I went to the local gunstore to get some extra range magazines for my g30sf and the guy said I had to be 21 to even buy those. Is this right? I told him I've bought other magazines at different stores before.

2. BORIS

BORIS New Member

3. So do you own a handgun? If so how did you get it?

In Oregon you have to be 21 to buy a handgun from a dealer, you have to be 21 to buy ammo and get a conceal carry permit.

But you can legally own a handgun at 18 you just can't buy ammo or carry it.

But it doesn't say anything about magazines so I don't, I'm assuming you can't.
    But maybe at a gunshow.

4. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

What state? As far as I know, the only part that has a legal age requirement is the lower receiver, which is considered the actual "firearm". Barrels, slides, triggers, springs, strikers, pins, rods, mag tubes, floor plates, etc are all available in most places without proving your age.

On the other hand, a shop can refuse service to anyone. You could argue age discrimination, but I doubt you'd get your mags any faster.

5. MadTaco

MadTaco New Member

Im 20, the guns in my dads name. I just gave him the money for it. Thanks for the help guys ill just try a different shop tomorrow. My state is GA btw.

6. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

I've had gun shops who don't want my business. The shop I went to for my CCW class didn't allow open carry. To date, that is the only shop (of *any* type) I've encountered with a policy on open carry, and one of the few shops (of *any* type) that restricts carry in general.