Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you grow older your skin becomes thinner. press on the pad of your trigger finger. See how long it takes for the pad to fully recover to its original size.
Because of this, each time I fire my glocks the pad gets pinched between the trigger safety and the trigger. THAT HURTS.
Beside a Band-Aid which did not seem to work well. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
THANK YOU.

·
Super Moderator
74,896 Posts
Welcome to the forum Leonard from Oklahoma.
Have you tried a shooting/baseball/golf glove? I wear them occasionally during the summer when it is really hot and my hands sweat. It could help with your situation as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Len. I had a pinch between the tip of the trigger and the trigger guard. I polished the inside of the t guard and very slightly shorten the trigger. I just tried to produced your problem, but couldn't. I have thined and polished the under side of the trigger guard where it contacts my middle finger, perhaps it has a positive effect on my finger placement, because I also suffer from many old age maladies. Justed recalled that the pinch that troubled me was only on a G21 set up as 45 super and that a coating of super glue on the trigger finger helped.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have six Glocks that i have changed the trigger to a flat trigger on five of them. Target shooting i had to wear gloves so my finger would not get beat up. My carry gun a Glock 43 i did not change the trigger it is not needed it is not a range gun. That safety on the Glock trigger does no go flat into the shoe when the gun is fired.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Len, you need to put more trigger finger into it, almost to the first joint. I'm 66, and run 300-400 rounds a weekend in competition, and have since 1992 with Glocks. No issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As you grow older your skin becomes thinner. press on the pad of your trigger finger. See how long it takes for the pad to fully recover to its original size.
Because of this, each time I fire my glocks the pad gets pinched between the trigger safety and the trigger. THAT HURTS.
Beside a Band-Aid which did not seem to work well. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
THANK YOU.
I had same problem on my GLOCKS with serrated triggers, I went to the canvas band aids (Walmart equate brand) or surgical tape available at your drug store

·
Registered
138 Posts
THANK YOU.
Welcome to the forum.
Myself i always wear gloves when shooting both my rifles and handguns, i use some not heavy gloves i found from Under Armor and can do all the Mag reloading and shooting using them.
My gloves work very well for me and you will find they will work as well for you. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'm 66 too and don't have your issue, you need the sensitivity in your trigger finger anyway, shoot some more it will build up.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Interesting. For as long as I've owned it (5+ years), the trigger on my G21 becomes uncomfortable during longer shooting sessions, and it seems mainly due to the trigger safety.

Hadn't really thought of it as an age thing, but more of a design thing that I'm perhaps sensitive to. It doesn't happen with my Walther PPQ, for example.

Not a fan of putting anything between my finger and the trigger, so I'm going to give a flat drop-in trigger a try.

BTW, welcome to the forum, Leonard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts