After market barrels: supported chamber

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Chukar, May 1, 2012.

1. Chukar

Chukar New Member

Been doing a little reading on these here and I'm trying to figure out which of the main mfg of Glock barrels offer a more supported chamber than the stock barrel.

Second, Lone Wolf looks to be the cheapest, what does the extra $80-$100 get you from the other mfg's?

2. Lone Wolf is a very high quality product. Like many companies they move their product cheap and profit on volume. So IMO you don't get anything more for the extra 80-100.00

3. malladus

malladus New Member

Lone wolf tends to be cheaper because they do such a bulk business in the barrels. You have to be a little careful with them because their chambers can be tighter at times, so if you are running reloads and you are out of spec a little they are not as forgiving as factory barrels. However, Lone wolf is a very stand up company and will do you right if you have issues. I bought a threaded barrel to use in my open G34 and the chamber was tight. Was 100% spec, no more no less, but it caused some issues with feeding my loads. I called them up and sent it back and they had it rebored a little and solved my problem. I also used one of their tank brake looking comps for awhile and had issues getting the gun to run. One of their support guys sent me alls sorts of parts (springs and guide rods) to try and make it work at no cost. And when we finally got to the point of figuing out the comp was too heavy for my set up, they refunded my money in a store credit and told me to pass the comp along to someone else in need. Can't beat that type of service.

malladus

4. Chukar

Chukar New Member

Wow, thanks guys. Great info! Is one brand's chamber any "more" supported than another?

5. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

Guess that tells me where to buy my Glock parts!!! :)

6. malladus

malladus New Member

I believe they all vary some what. Alot depends on the calibre since the bottom tends to have to be opened up in order to feed well with various ammo. I'll see if I can find a link, but somebody at one point had a little photo essay for .40 barrels showing the evolution of the glock barrel and then comparison to the major after market brands as well as those from other guns.

malladus

7. Chukar

Chukar New Member

That would be perfect as I have the G23.

8. malladus

malladus New Member

9. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I'm considering an aftermarket barrel to shoot lead bullets, and was thinking about a ported or threaded barrel. Leaning more to the threaded so I could add a compensator, but haven't decided anything yet. It will be awhile so I have plenty of time to discuss it. :D

10. gardan01

gardan01 New Member

I was desperately searching for a non-ported barrel to shoot in my 17C in the production class at the Space City Challenge a few weeks ago. I settled on the only Wolf barrel I could find at Cheaper Than Dirt. The barrel dropped right in and has shot out more than three hundred rounds without a single hiccup! I am completely sold! I intend to buy one for my 30SF and my sister's 19C. I believe they are seriously worth the money!

11. Man I want a Lone Wolff .40 22/31 ported barrel so bad but it's on back order with no est time of restock. Lone Wolff barrels FTW though price quality & looks!

Last edited: May 4, 2012